Tablet choices - good screen

The DJI list of recommended (not supported) tabs & phones is just a guide and some will not even work in all cases. For example I purchased a Nexus 7 2nd gen tab because it has a nice bright display and it worked great with my P3A. But I decided to upgrade to a P3P and - ouch - the video stream was choppy and torn whenever the bird moved at more than a snails pace. The Nexus is not up to the additional streaming bandwidth from the P3P. I ended up selling it and getting a Galaxy Tab S2 which works very smoothly.
Thats why I stick to the Apple products... if they say it works, it works. Android is just to fragmented of a system to rely on it.

Reactions: dirkclod
I wish DJI would go a step further with their support for Apple products and publish P3 ground station software for the Mac pro laptop. I like to sit at a picnic bench to fly and a nice big retina display would be awesome.

I wish DJI would go a step further with their support for Apple products and publish P3 ground station software for the Mac pro laptop. I like to sit at a picnic bench to fly and a nice big retina display would be awesome.
I have it for Windows... the old version, doesn't work anymore since Google dropped the map support. It is too bad they didn't find another way to keep the PC version alive. I bought a PC tablet just for that since I only use Mac's. Lotta good it does me now. :weary:

Yes, I read your post. It may work, but it is not supported. Obviously it didn't meet their criteria or they would of included it in the list. Most people can't get to work at all. You sure it's an iPad 1?

Ok,and I apologize if I my post came over as offensive.As far as am I positive,the only thing I have to go by is searching the internet for my model number {a1432}is it says it's a first generation.
As bayou bill says it may not be on their list but that doesnt mean it doesnt work.As I stated in previous post,in this thread Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO
theres a few instances of tablets working for some and not for others,who knows why this is?

Reactions: Before
I've been using a Galaxy tab pro 10.1 that I picked up refurbished for $200 from Amazon. I had to fabricate a sunshield holder solution but it works well. It used to be their top of the line so it has good power. One advantage is the 2560 x 1600 display matches up well with the 2.7 k video. I can just put the sd card in the tablet and watch hi res replay of the flight.

Ok,and I apologize if I my post came over as offensive.As far as am I positive,the only thing I have to go by is searching the internet for my model number {a1432}is it says it's a first generation.
As bayou bill says it may not be on their list but that doesnt mean it doesnt work.As I stated in previous post,in this thread Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO
theres a few instances of tablets working for some and not for others,who knows why this is?
Yeah, thats a gen 1 mini alright. That uses the A5 processor, the mini 2 gen uses the A7, so quite a difference in power there.

I wasn't aware they made one for the P3. I remember seeing one for the NAZA-based birds that was not very impressive.
My bad, when I see Ground Station I think of my P2 with GS installed. DJI had a PC & an iPad version at one time. They dropped the PC for just iPad support. You said P3 and I missed it. Sorry about that.

I perform mobile testing. I have numerous OSes and devices. I hate Apple. Despise it, horrible for texting, horrible for email, horrible for browsing...

But it is great for flying. :(

For our machines, iOS.

Edit: In fairness, due to my stubbornness to accept it, I bought a $600 brand new 4G enabled Samsung Tab S2 and it still lags on video worse than the iPhone 6 Plus.

I have an iPad Air 2 and it never gave me any trouble with both DJI Go and Litchi. Very stable even in very hot weather. IMO, I need to get a hood for it for times when the sun is shining directly on it. But I think that's the way it goes for any tablet.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have tried two Samsung Tablets. Neither is worth a crap for video. I am trying to stay on the android platform so I am thinking about the Nvadia K1 but they seem to be out of production. Fly Well My Friends

I'd say go for it as I've been in touch with Nvidia and this is the reply I got back from them today,

Thanks for getting back to us , The SHIELD tablet K1 is very much in production , Due to exceptional demand we are experiencing shortages on some of our products and we are working hard to resolve this. We hope to have an update in the very near future.

Last edited:
Huh

Sent from my SM-G925T using PhantomPilots mobile app

well the way SKY EYE wrote it made it look like the K1 was out of production giving the impression that they had finished production , maybe he should have wrote out of stock, similar to last March when it was the same then but by the time May came everybody had them for sale.

just trying to be helpful that's all

Last edited:
Ah yes, just as I thought. The generation 1 iPad works fine with P3A but it would probably not be adequate for P3P. I had the same experience with the Nexus tab and a P3A. It is all about CPU power whether Apple or Android, and the streaming bitrate from the bird.

Thanks for getting back to us , The SHIELD tablet K1 is very much in production , Due to exceptional demand we are experiencing shortages on some of our products and we are working hard to resolve this. We hope to have an update in the very near future.
That's great. I believe the Shield also is capable of HDMI video output which would eliminate the need for the DJI HDMI module on the controller.

That's great. I believe the Shield also is capable of HDMI video output which would eliminate the need for the DJI HDMI module on the controller.

yes with the HDMI outlet on the shieldK1 it saves even more $s, with the latest updated FW Marshmallow I think it's 6.0.2, that solves the compass problem also less battery use, I charged mine up to 100% and just left it for a few days when I switched it back on it was still at 100%

yes with the HDMI outlet on the shieldK1 it saves even more $s, with the latest updated FW Marshmallow I think it's 6.0.2, that solves the compass problem also less battery use, I charged mine up to 100% and just left it for a few days when I switched it back on it was still at 100%

Is it also true that the shield can record on the tablet? Like it could record what your seeing on the screen with the Go app and it would have sound?

Tried again today. Got it to connect but it was terrible for me. The map refreshed in slow motion and the picture constantly flashed black and really bad lag. Oh well it was worth a try. I'll stick with my phone for now.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Do you have an advanced or pro?
Wanted to do a test today with ipad mini doing back to back flights with 2 batteries to see if it would overheat but when I got to my destination and put 1st battery in it needed firmware upgrade.So I only did 1 flight till battery reached 17 % left.Ipad mini had no problems in 95 degree heat{I was under tree in the shade}

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers