Tablet and phone will not connect to RC

Reaction score
iPad and iPhone will not connect to RC. I have tried deleting app several times different cables, I updated firmware in drone and RC. I have green light on RC and camera.

If I have all green lights I assume all devices are communicating on the correct firmware.

I can control the drone with the RC but the tablet or phone will not connect as it has in the past.

Any other suggestions?

Try reinstalling the DJI GO app.

Did you change anything since it last worked?

Good point. I didn't think of that :eek:

You might try a different USB cable.

Welcome to the forum!

Some other commonly used apps are Litchi, Autopilot, and Vertical

Also I did not change anything sense I last used my drone but it was a couple of months ago and I just guessed they updated the DJI go app with out my knowledge so I started to update all the firm ware. And this is where I am today.

Sounds like a weird problem. Turn everything off. The RC, the bird, the iPad. Go back to your original setup of cables, rc, iPad that you originally used when it was working. Connect everything properly. While you continue look at every point for differences or anomalies, in this order turn on your RC. Turn on your iPad. Activate your DJI Go App. Ensure battery in is the bird. Turn on the bird. You may have learned something at any of the various activation points and sometimes it helps to start over. Have you noticed anything that gives any indication of the problem?

I am shooting with my eyes closed. I don't recall what ver my drone was on. I just started with last ver then went to the current. And can not tell what ver my RC is at. Then how would would I get a old ver of DJI go? I did try the autopilot app and it did not connect ether. So my guess would be I have a issue with my RC ver or a hardware problem. What does the mini usb connection do on the RC? Thank u for all ur input.

Don't worry about the versions of software. That is too much work to go backwards for now. You need to trouble shoot the hardware components first. And again, after each step of powering on or activation. Stop and wait until it is fully turned on and ready before the next step. Watch for any errors problems etc. Then proceed to the next. You sound panicked. Just take your time and slow down.

You said you updated the RC firmware. How did you do that without the Ipad communicating with the RC? The RC firmware must be updated through the Go App. You have to download new RC firmware through the ipad via Internet while it's communicating to the RC via USB cable. If you updated the RC through the USB port with a thumb drive like the old way, before 1.4, then that may be your problem. You cannot load the latest firmware package on the RC unless the Ipad is communicating to the RC through the USB port.

If you updated the RC firmware through the USB using a thumb drive with the latest 1.6 firmware, you may have to do that again with 1.4, then update the RC again to the latest firmware through the Go App/Internet via USB cable from the Ipad to the RC.

Last edited:
You said you updated the RC firmware. How did you do that without the Ipad communicating with the RC? The RC firmware must be updated through the Go App. You have to download new RC firmware through the ipad via Internet while it's communicating to the RC via USB cable. If you updated the RC through the USB port with a thumb drive like the old way, before 1.4, then that may be your problem. You cannot load the latest firmware package on the RC unless the Ipad is communicating to the RC through the USB port.

If you updated the RC firmware through the USB using a thumb drive with the latest 1.6 firmware, you may have to do that again with 1.4, then update the RC again to the latest firmware through the Go App/Internet via USB cable from the Ipad to the RC.

John Locke... You do not have to update using any i device or Android. You can still download from DJI onto a usb adapter or micro SD card the firmware update, place it then into the bird and the RC and perform the update. From what dewaltks is saying, it may be that he updated prior to his problem and now he cannot connect his iPad.

John Locke... You do not have to update using any i device or Android. You can still download from DJI onto a usb adapter or micro SD card the firmware update, place it then into the bird and the RC and perform the update. From what dewaltks is saying, it may be that he updated prior to his problem and now he cannot connect his iPad.
Did I miss a change that reverts us back to allowing the RC to be updated with a USB adaptor again like in the old days? Or are you just saying that the OP has no idea what firmware he is using so he may be on versions old enough to still allow USB updating of the RC?

Did I miss a change that reverts us back to allowing the RC to be updated with a USB adaptor again like in the old days? Or are you just saying that the OP has no idea what firmware he is using so he may be on versions old enough to still allow USB updating of the RC?

I don't think DJI would ever "not" allow the RC to be updated via USB adapter. They would have to be separate from all signal devices because these signal devices (cell phones, pads, tablets) etc. and their companies have clearly different agenda's. One does not care about the other. I never saw anything where it said you cannot upgrade via USB adapter or micro SD. You can even update the RC via USB cable from the bird. Here's a link to refresh us.
The best of flights to you.

I don't think DJI would ever "not" allow the RC to be updated via USB adapter. They would have to be separate from all signal devices because these signal devices (cell phones, pads, tablets) etc. and their companies have clearly different agenda's. One does not care about the other. I never saw anything where it said you cannot upgrade via USB adapter or micro SD. You can even update the RC via USB cable from the bird. Here's a link to refresh us.
The best of flights to you.
Unfortunately that video is outdated. It was posted in May back at a time when updating the RC via USB was still permitted. The option to update our RCs via USB was eliminated a couple of months ago, unless of course you haven't yet updated to the FW that stops it.

I dont recall which firmware it was that eliminated the option, though I think that @John Locke was correct and its 1.4 or later. I do know that one style of RC was changed before the other was changed. Now all styles require the RC update to be done via the app.

Can someone please chime in with the versions that eliminated USB updating of the RC so that we don't confuse anyone who reads this thread. @msinger do you recall off hand?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
You may be correct, but I've never do it that way after 1.5 when they eliminated the USB adapter method, by installing the an adapter with flash directly into the RC USB port. From what the OP stated, I'm thinking he might have used the old adapter method with new F/W, which doesn't work anymore. Hence the RC could be messed up.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj