T-motor trouble again

Ah, t motors have changed their mind. They are not going to send me bearings.

They will send me a complete new set of motors.

Assuring me they are dedicated to quality, they perform a lot of testing etc.

Ok,

Medicine and Syringe are acquired.

Sewing Machine Oil is what I could get here, reading a bit on the net, it seems appropriate.

Tomorrow a few flights in cleaner mountain air, but first the operation on the patient.

Attachments

• singer.jpg
    singer.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 380
I would recommend Labelle 108 oil (which is plastic friendly) as some oils will not be kind to plastic !

108 comes with a needle applicator in the pack.

There is no such thing as a 'sealed bearing' for brushless motors and even T-Motor recommend lightly lubricating the bearings every few flights.

My T-Motor MN3508-20 580's on my hex have a rated bearing life of around 60 hours (which can be pushed a bit further as long as you keep a close eye on them). They still need lubricating and I put a drop of Labelle 108 on the top and bottom bearing about once every 15 flights. I use the same stuff on my heli's and (touch wood) I have NEVER lost a bearing due to catastrophic failure.

There will be posters here that probably pop up and say "Oh the bearings are sealed for life and should never be touched" etc etc but if the manufacturer of the motors/bearings advices lubrication then why argue?
You can even go to the trouble of using a solvent to completely clean/de-grease the bearings and then oil them up again but these tiny units are so cheap you may as well replace the whole set of bearings every 60 hours or so.

Just my two cents worth

Well, did 4 flights yesterday, with some singer oil, the one motor that turned hot now had a normal temperature, and all bearings survived.

Ok, at 3000 ft, with cleaner mountain air.

Well, look what DHL brought today, free from T motors themselves.

Now I have 12 of them :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393294178754.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393294178754.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 286

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers