T Motor question

Reaction score
Hello, I have just replaced my stock motors with the T motor antigravity ones. I actually have two questions. The first, I realized after I had someone help me install the motors we got two backwards. They are wired correctly so they spin fine and in the correct manner. However, I didn't see the CW and CCW labels on the side (something I should have caught) So the threads seem to be the only difference. So one of the CW labeled motors is actually wired as CCW and one CW labeled motor is wired as CCW. At first I was concerned because of the rotation and if a prop came loose, but then I remembered the stock motors are all CW threads anyways. Should I worry about this or should these nuts stay tight, just like the stock regardless of the threading? Hope that makes sense.

The last question is should I adjust my gains for the phantom and these motors or just keep default like with the stock as it came? I am flying the original 1.0.

Thanks for any help!

As long as the motors rotate in the right direction AND the thread is correct, is fine. The props/nuts should be self tightening.

I never adjusted gains for t motors or vision props. Flies.

Hello and thanks. The wiring is all correct but 2 of the motors are backwards as far as the threading goes. I had no issues with props coming loose on the stock motors so wouldn't that be the same with the t's even though 2 of them are on backwards? Like I said the wiring is all fine it's just a threading issue on two of them. The stock motors all tightened CW and they never came loose. Are these more prone to come loose and should I take it back apart and resolder, or is it overkill?

Well, why not put it right?

Soldering motors is not that hard, just hate to open the Phantom everytime...

Ok, went ahead and soldered back right. Now all the motors are truly self tightening with props. Not worth taking any chances I'm sure!

i put on my t motor today, verified the spinning direction and went flying. 3 props came right off and cracked. i did everything according to the instruction. so what was wrong exactly? im now confused...

gogowanda said:
i put on my t motor today, verified the spinning direction and went flying. 3 props came right off and cracked. i did everything according to the instruction. so what was wrong exactly? im now confused...

Something is obviously not spinning in the right direction if the self-tightening props have UNDONE themselves and come off.... That's why I use NON self tightening props, prop nuts & threadlocker! No chance of coming off.
Back to the drawing board...
Why use T-motors anyway? Should buy genuine OEM motors & they're cheaper!

Phantom_Menace66 said:
gogowanda said:

Something is obviously not spinning in the right direction if the self-tightening props have UNDONE themselves and come off.... That's why I use NON self tightening props, prop nuts & threadlocker! No chance of coming off.

i did the prop guard long screw thing, ruined the motors. i think the manual of t motor had them backwards location wise.
hard to believe they can mess that up...

gogowanda said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:
gogowanda said:

i did the prop guard long screw thing, ruined the motors. i think the manual of t motor had them backwards location wise.
hard to believe they can mess that up..
I am sure I saw a video of some one installing T-Motors and they stated some WERE marked wrong.

Yes the tmotors have been reported several times to be backwards. I had the same problem.

Why buy tmotors? They made my fully loaded, dual battery p1 fly like it had nothing on it. They are great!

Boozshey said:
Yes the tmotors have been reported several times to be backwards. I had the same problem.

Why buy tmotors? They made my fully loaded, dual battery p1 fly like it had nothing on it. They are great!

how to daisy chain the batteries? mind sharing your config?

gogowanda said:
I would use the motor test in the Naza software before test flying

I use T-motors. Why you would replace your Phantom with original OEM motors I have no idea!? They are crap which is why I bought T-Motors! Not just for the performance but because the original motors are very poor quality and soon become lose and noisy. Get the T-Motors and forget about future issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues