T-Motor Problem

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
i just installed an anti gravity T-Motor in my dji phantom. everything is in the right position. when you start the phantom the motors work fine but when you throttle up the phatom does not hover. it will spin/yaw going to the left. anybody have same experience with this kind of problem?

seems like the RPM on each motor is not the same.

check the rotation of the motors you installed (without props on the for safety reasons) - my guess is one is spinning the wrong direction - reverse any two of the three wires and it will spin in the opposite direction.

im using a 8x5 carbon fiber props.the rotation of the motors are all correct. maybe i got a defective product. i just put back the stock motor and it is fine now.

When you put the lid back on the Phantom did you get the alignment correct? If you rotated it 90 degrees then the prop markings will be wrong.

The first time I took off my Phantom's lid I did the same thing and could not figure out why it would not leave the ground. If it is not tipping over and your motors are running properly you probably need to to check the lid and put the props in to the correct position.

So it sounds like you just replaced one motor? Why did you replace that motor if the stock motor was working fine? Or were you testing? I don't know that you can mix motors....stock with something else.

zx101 said:
im using a 8x5 carbon fiber props.the rotation of the motors are all correct. maybe i got a defective product. i just put back the stock motor and it is fine now.

Are these by any chance the graupner clone 8x5 carbon props? I tried them a while back and had pretty much the same issues with them. I dont think they have enough lift as it was terribly unstable and was hovering with yaw rotation. Only got half the flight time of stock props too so id avoid those props on a phantom.

The other dji clone carbon props are fine and work well but these are usualy 8x4 8x4.5 only 8x5 carbon I have seen were the graupner style which are solid well built props but fly like shi? on a phantom.

thetac said:
So it sounds like you just replaced one motor? Why did you replace that motor if the stock motor was working fine? Or were you testing? I don't know that you can mix motors....stock with something else.

no .i replaced all motors. since it was not a successful job i end up go back to the stock motors. :D . i just wanted to stretch a little bit longer flight time since this motor comes with a light weight body compared to the stock one,

When you put the lid back on the Phantom did you get the alignment correct? If you rotated it 90 degrees then the prop markings will be wrong.
Yes. everything was in correct the rotation of the props were also correct. it flies buy when it goes up like 2 feet above the ground then it will start to spin or yaw going to the left.

The first time I took off my Phantom's lid I did the same thing and could not figure out why it would not leave the ground. If it is not tipping over and your motors are running properly you probably need to to check the lid and put the props in to the correct position.
just a wild guess. maybe there was one wire that it was not solder properly. i need to reinstall again the motor if i have time again.

Are these by any chance the graupner clone 8x5 carbon props? I tried them a while back and had pretty much the same issues with them. I dont think they have enough lift as it was terribly unstable and was hovering with yaw rotation. Only got half the flight time of stock props too so id avoid those props on a phantom.

sorry the props specs was 8x4 not 8x5. i bought it in helipal.com

Are you using stock props?

Check the rotation of the motors in the software assistant.

carbonfiber props. i will do that next time.

Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4