T-Motor Positions and Threads

Reaction score
Hello

I just purchased a set of 4 T-Motor MN2214 for my DJI Phantom 1.1.1. ( 2 CW & 2 CCW )

Tonite I am going to install them and would like to check to see if this is correct before i do the installation...

I am following the instructions guide that came with the motors -
very easy, and straight forward on how to connect the wiring from the motors to the ECS.
That I understand.

The original stock DJI motor 1 has CW threads on shaft - the T-Motor has CCW threads for that position 1

The original stock DJI motor 2 has CCW threads on shaft - the T-Motor has CW threads for that position 2

The original stock DJI motor 3 has CW threads on shaft - the T-Motor has CCW threads for that position 3

The original stock DJI motor 4 has CCW threads on shaft - the T-Motor has CW threads for that position 4

--I'm referring to ...
Motor 1 is left of the battery door
No. 2 right of battery door
No. 3 rear right
No. 4 rear left
with the Phantom battery door facing you.

I have looked carefully at the guide and the small text " CW or CCW" on the outside of each motor
to determine where it gets mounted to the phantom frame.

The T-motors are exactly opposite thread direction than that of what the original motors were,
but the yellow/red wiring will change the motor rotation??

Is this correct that the T-motors are changed rotation like that from what the stock motors rotation was?

So do I just follow the guide that came with the motors exactly and everything will be OK?? - even if its backwards from the stock motors thread directions

Thank You!!

ps - they could have made the numbers on the diagram larger to read!!

I put T-motors on mine also but I used MT2216-11 I recommend using bullet connectors on the ends of the wires inside so you can change out the motors if you want in the future, also if one motor is turning the wrong way you only have to switch the red and yellow wires. It's easier with the bullets because they just unplug.

sure i could do that

but - should not the motors have the same thread direction as what its replacing not the opposite?

If I follow the install guide to the letter everything should be correct - Right?? -even if its not the same as the stock set-up was-

or is it another one of those 1/2 baked manuals "again" :oops:

360icon said:
sure i could do that

but - should not the motors have the same thread direction as what its replacing not the opposite?

If I follow the install guide to the letter everything should be correct - Right?? -even if its not the same as the stock set-up was-

or is it another one of those 1/2 baked manuals "again" :oops:

Are you talking about the threads for the prop nuts? If so that doesn't matter, which way the motor is turning does.

Mine motors didn't come with instructions, so I don't know what they say.

I think you're confusing thread direction with motor spin direction with the T-motors...they're referred to in their instructions by the direction they spin, not the direction of the threads. Yes, the T-motor thread direction should match the thread direction of the motor they replaced. The motor will spin in the opposite direction.

Bamm

Installed all four new T-Moters mn2214 and turned it all ON and.....

Perfect -- fired right up
and i had to put a new ESC red in at the first

Piece of caKe!

I tested the rotation of the motors with the tip of a small paint brush and they all matched the top shell icons for prop rotation

and i did just a small rev and they sound... :eek: ****!!!!

I ran into the same thing as OP, the threads are the opposite as stock motors. This is fine if you have carbon fiber or props that are not self tightening. I snapped one of my carbon fibers in the crash and wanted to try the new motors with the self tightening stock props and it just glues itself to the ground. New CFs on the way.

I'll try and remember to post results. Just wanted to put this out there for the next person that is searching for this topic.

bradsea said:
I ran into the same thing as OP, the threads are the opposite as stock motors. This is fine if you have carbon fiber or props that are not self tightening. I snapped one of my carbon fibers in the crash and wanted to try the new motors with the self tightening stock props and it just glues itself to the ground. New CFs on the way.

I'll try and remember to post results. Just wanted to put this out there for the next person that is searching for this topic.

The threads aren't really "backwards" from the stock motors, the T-motor diagrams are just confusing as the proper place to put each motor. Sounds like you might have yours in the opposite locations from where they go. You can easily change the direction of spin on any of the motors by reversing two of the leads from the ESC to the motor, so thread direction should dictate which spot each motor gets mounted in.

juche1777 said:
I put T-motors on mine also but I used MT2216-11 I recommend using bullet connectors on the ends of the wires inside so you can change out the motors if you want in the future, also if one motor is turning the wrong way you only have to switch the red and yellow wires. It's easier with the bullets because they just unplug.

I am about to do that- are they 2mm? 3mm? save me the trouble of taking a piece of wire or motor and checking against plastic paks of parts.

Hiway said:
juche1777 said:

I am about to do that- are they 2mm? 3mm? save me the trouble of taking a piece of wire or motor and checking against plastic paks of parts.

I used 3.5mm on mine, but I think 3mm would be fine (mine were a touch bigger than necessary for the wires).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31