T-motor help

Reaction score
so i installed the anit gravity tiger motors on my phantom but i had to play around with the pin outs on the ECS to get it to spin the correct way. is this ok?

Im new to the forum.

Yes, as long as the motors spin in the direction of the icons on the Phantom's arms, and the props screw on in the opposite direction from the motor spinning.

OI Photography said:
Yes, as long as the motors spin in the direction of the icons on the Phantom's arms, and the props screw on in the opposite direction from the motor spinning.
So if the middle wire is soldered in different places on all the motors as long as it is spinning properly it doesn't matter?

Why are there 3 wires on brush less motors?

Evostatic343 said:
OI Photography said:
So if the middle wire is soldered in different places on all the motors as long as it is spinning properly it doesn't matter?

Correct. ESC's use 3-phase power which means swapping the wires around to change direction is perfectly fine, that's the common method for doing that.

OI Photography said:
Evostatic343 said:
OI Photography said:

Correct. ESC's use 3-phase power which means swapping the wires around to change direction is perfectly fine, that's the common method for doing that.

Great! i was worried. even though it flew fine i kept thinking cause it didn't look like pictures id seen online that id done something wrong. thanks for your help!

Do you notice a big difference with the t-motors vs the stock phantom motors?

arun21 said:

The certainly sound and feel smoother, and are at least as responsive as the DJI motors if not more. The bearings are supposed to be better as well, but it's hard to quantify any true impact on efficiency or flight times...I'd say no more than 10% gain for either.

Kelso Kubat said:
are these motors worth it for phantom II + carbon fiber props?

Now that DJI's E300 set is on the market (which I haven't tested yet) for 60% of the price, it's hard to say if the T-motors are more worth your money.

I'm not at all sold on CF props on a Phantom.

arun21 said:

I put them on a fully loaded, dual battery, gimbal toting V1 and I love them!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl