T-Motor anti-gravity

Reaction score
Save yourself the aggrevation and do not waste your money. I am glad I was six inches off the ground and over snow when the winding let go in one of them...

Save yourself the aggrevation and do not waste your money. I am glad I was six inches off the ground and over snow when the winding let go in one of them...

You're having your share of bad luck.

i think it was you who asked why the t-motors? you were onto something with that statement! the stock P2 has been great. the zenmuse, iosd and black mamba work really well. i am running six packs through it a day over the ice/water/tundra and no complaints. thinking it might help to get something better than the rubber ducky antennas it came with.

i think it was you who asked why the t-motors? you were onto something with that statement! the stock P2 has been great. the zenmuse, iosd and black mamba work really well. i am running six packs through it a day over the ice/water/tundra and no complaints. thinking it might help to get something better than the rubber ducky antennas it came with.

Yes it was I who questioned the logic behind using T-motors.. The dji 2312 are a very efficient motor over the 2213 stock motors both in lifting, speed and power consumption.

For antennas I use dji AVL cloverleaf on both TX and Black Pearl plus a ImmersionRC patch which all are RHCP (right-hand circular polarization).

Last edited:
My home is Maine. I am currently up on the Hudson Straight for the next month.

I order 95% of my equipment from B&H in NY whether camera, lighting, audio or P2 replacement parts they raise prices to cover overhead andd in most cases if it's over $49 it's free delivery. www.bhphotovideo.com

What are your thoughts on helical vs a patch?

For one thing the patch has a gain of 13 DBi vs stock antennas at 1.5 or there abouts. Now the patch vs helical it would depend on number of turns, DBI gain and the beam width. But if your thinking in how far can you fly and still have clear video my question to you would be how far can you see that little white dot. Look all of us who registered signed an agreement to fly within VLOS not LOS. So my feelings are that the patch antenna is more that adequate for a good video signal within VLOS or 1500 feet.

I am not really interested in going beyond being able to see it. I just ordered the patch and the fatshark clover leafs. I truly appreciate all your help!

I am not really interested in going beyond being able to see it. I just ordered the patch and the fatshark clover leafs. I truly appreciate all your help!

Let us know how it works out once its all installed.

Let us know how it works out once its all installed.

I will for sure.... Now it is the waiting the game to see how long it takes Amazon to get something to the middle of nowhere.

Again, thank you for the help and guidance. It is greatly appreciated!

Got everything up and running with the 13dbi fat shark patch and fat shark clover leafs. What is a realistic distance before you start seeing interference? I see the posts about people flying 1kw and I am scratching my head how? Is there a particular orientation that is desired with the antenna on the quad? The setup is a zenmuse, iosd mini, anti interference board and a black mamba 2000mw tx.

Attachments

• 20160505_164555.jpg
    20160505_164555.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 452
Got everything up and running with the 13dbi fat shark patch and fat shark clover leafs. What is a realistic distance before you start seeing interference? I see the posts about people flying 1kw and I am scratching my head how? Is there a particular orientation that is desired with the antenna on the quad? The setup is a zenmuse, iosd mini, anti interference board and a black mamba 2000mw tx.

Factory specs 1 1/2 miles but need I remind you that you did sign an agreement that you would fly within VLOS.

1.5 miles on 5.8ghz? What are you using for a TX?

the range of the P2's rc signal 2.4GHz is.1.5 miles. To many variables conditions to give you definite answer on when you would start receiving 5.8 GHz video interference. Some of the video posted on youtube that are of flights 10 miles around trip are from the cameras footage and not from the monitor so you no idea if they did or didn't have video interference.

Check out favor fpvlr.com I use the premium kit on my P2 with excellent results...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4