Syncronized flying of multiple Phantoms

cb1

Reaction score
Has anyone tried controlling multiple Phantoms with one transmitter? In theory, if you were in GPS mode, they would maintain their relative take-off position in flight. Not sure if it would really work but it would be kind of cool to control a swarm of Phantoms. I guess one hurdle would be money.

cb1 said:
Has anyone tried controlling multiple Phantoms with one transmitter? In theory, if you were in GPS mode, they would maintain their relative take-off position in flight. Not sure if it would really work but it would be kind of cool to control a swarm of Phantoms. I guess one hurdle would be money.

You wouldn't be able to do that with the stock transmitter. You need to bind the controller with the Phantom and not multiple Phantom's at one time. More advanced controllers may be able to do that but they're all 2.4ghz and not something you could use with the Phantom 2 Vision unless you remove everything that makes it a "vision" as well as swapping out the 5.8ghz receiver.

The regular Phantom 2 (non vision) on the other hand comes with a 2.4 ghz transmitter / receiver that I believe can be bound to other controllers such as Futaba. Now if the Futaba controller for example has a function to control more than one aircraft at the same time than yeah it could be done.

Another Alternative is to use a single computer, designed to operate multiple transmitters simultaneously to a single program. I've seen things like that done with other quad copters as well as Parrot AR Drones.

Haha a "swarm of phantoms" would definitely be interesting. You would think they would all stay at relatively the same distance from each other while flying as they did when they first took off. Would definitely be interesting.

Very cool. I can't imagine the look on peoples faces if you had 5-6 of them fly synchronized overhead. Talk about close encounters! Lol

iDrone said:
LeoS said:
This here is the internets, son... if you can think it, someone has done it.. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89dRkTAplxE
Now that's impressive, and I love the grin & thumbs up at the end... sez it all.
Thanks or posting it, LeoS,

iDrone

Sure thing. Apparently he's the designer from Blade Heli...
Here's another one of his skill demonstration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pki4TzdGDPY

Now we just need to get Colin Guinn to step up and do some demo vids for our Phantoms... :p

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic