Syncing the Vision to Computer

Reaction score
Sorry I dont hawk this froum ever day, I would if I had more time... My computer is all up to date so I can fly the newest flight simulators so I know this vision should connect with my operating system.

My question is I registered with DJI and Registered my product, Phantom Vision 2 that I bought in January 2014.

Yesterday I recieved my 7th Channel kit for the camera, "did not upgrade the gimbal with with the drone expert one yet baby steps for me lol"

I downloaded the software I Firmware V2.00, I have the Icon on my desktop so,,,

#1. try I turned my Copter and remote on and then launched the icon and it askes me If I want to skip, so I didnt hit skip, I plugged the copter into the usb and nothing I must of left it plugged in for 20 min. then completely exited out of icon and then plugged the copter in the usb first then again tried to launch the icon and sat there another 20 min and nothing...

#2. I then hit skip and tried the same steps that way and nothing.......messed with this thing for a hour

#3. any thoughts :cry:

osen007 said:
#1. try I turned my Copter and remote on and then launched the icon and it askes me If I want to skip, so I didnt hit skip, I plugged the copter into the usb and nothing I must of left it plugged in for 20 min. then completely exited out of icon and then plugged the copter in the usb first then again tried to launch the icon and sat there another 20 min and nothing...

#2. I then hit skip and tried the same steps that way and nothing.......messed with this thing for a hour

#3. any thoughts :cry:

You need to connect the USB before you power on the Vision... Then reboot the vision after the update is complete.

May need to call your retailer if it will not connect... Are you using the correct USB cable? Did you install the DJI Windows/Mac drivers for your OS?

PC, and I will have to connect the usb before I power up the machine I cant remember if I tried that. aslo all this other stuff is great so I can do a check list to make sure the drivers are installed. I wish there was a walk through video, Im not smart when it comes to computers,,

Pull_Up said:
If you don't remember downloading and installing the driver first then that's your problem. You only need to install the drivers once, then its plug and play

The only thing I installed on my computer is the firmware v2.00 is that what I need or something different? If it is different can you highlite tape and past the driver to this forum, Thanks Pull Up

osen007 said:
Pull_Up said:
If you don't remember downloading and installing the driver first then that's your problem. You only need to install the drivers once, then its plug and play

The only thing I installed on my computer is the firmware v2.00 is that what I need or something different? If it is different can you highlite tape and past the driver to this forum, Thanks Pull Up

Software & Drivers
For Windows

DJI WIN Driver Installer
2013-01-18  ZIP EXE

You'll need to login to the site to access this link:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download then select the "DJI WIN Driver install"..either zip (if you have winzip or WinRAR) or download the exe.

Thanks RC and Pull Up.....
I will try tonight and post outcome tomorrow,
So download driver,
I already have firm ware v2.00
after driver down load, 1. I plug the usb into copter and computer, 2. turn on copter, 3. double click the red phantom icon on desktop, then it should launch from there, How long dose it take to read copter and display it on the menu with the controller functions page to adjust for the 7th channel. Also is there any trick I have to do to get the 7th channel working? thanks

osen007 said:
Thanks RC and Pull Up.....
I will try tonight and post outcome tomorrow,
So download driver,
I already have firm ware v2.00
after driver down load, 1. I plug the usb into copter and computer, 2. turn on copter, 3. double click the red phantom icon on desktop, then it should launch from there, How long dose it take to read copter and display it on the menu with the controller functions page to adjust for the 7th channel. Also is there any trick I have to do to get the 7th channel working? thanks

Yes...you can start the pc assistant before hand if you want...It will display static data until the assistant goes live (when you turn on the Vision) the data will display immeadiately, and should prompt you to install the updates. Follow the prompts to d/l the revision...remember to reboot the Vision between updates (leave cable installed). And then compare the revision numbers against the legend either on your PC or on the DJI website. And then Go and Test. And you should be good to go.

The 7th channel may have been affected by this revision...I read someone had problems after the update. You'll have to follow that thread, seems I remember they had to enter Vision mode to change the Gimbal to H2-3D then go back into Naza-m mode. Again, you'll need to explore that thread further "IF" you have problems after updates. Good Luck.

The Rookie

Update..;;;
Got the driver installed I have the copter controller showing up on monitor, can get setting to work for 7th channel, I even went into the naza mode and the I can see the extra 2 adjustments pop up and still nothing, I'm hoping someone can direct me that uses the stock vision and stock tilt function with 7th channel. There's one video on you tube but I only speak English so I don't know what he's saying I see that he's in naza mode on the computer monitor then I can figure it out from there

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers