Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Syma X5C - Amazon Deal of the Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kenjancef, Dec 3, 2015.

1. kenjancef

2. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

I saw that and was woke up this morning by wife looking at a deal on QVC :rolleyes: on a Striker drone with 2 battery's for 68 bucks .
    Wanted to know if I thought they would be good for grand boys . I don't have a clue on these little things but seems Every kid here gonna have em Christmas . Maybe it's time to build a little repair shop :)

Mike Drone7 likes this.
  3. kenjancef

From a lot of posts here, the Syma seems to be the go-to quad for leaning to fly, especially indoors. There are 2 versions though: the X5c and X5C-1. I forgot how to tell the difference, I think by the logo on the top of the quad. I figured that for the price it was too hard to pass up. And who couldn't use more quads??? ;)

Mike Drone7 likes this.
  4. Mike Drone7

That is a great price and it's what I learned on. Lots of fun to fly around in the house and doesn't do that bad outside in a 5mph breeze. I still have it and a X5SW which has FPV. It doesn't cut the wind as good as the X5C and the flight time is a little less but the FPV works pretty good for a toy;) And they both take pretty good pics and video to boot;)

5. kenjancef

My 8 year old son does pretty well with my Phantom, but it will be nice to have something that he can use without me getting nervous about crashing... lol...

6. regdawg