Syma x5c-1 vs Phantom 2

I have both. They are in completely different classes, not to mention price ranges. Really cannot compare them. The x5c is fun to do tricks with and fly indoors, but the P2 wins in my book.

Yeah... it's kind of like comparing a ford festiva to a Lexus ES350

Both are cars

and that's it.

It just seems like the syma may be enough to please my needs for just flying. Durability wise between the two I don't know.

mdj89 said:
It just seems like the syma may be enough to please my needs for just flying. Durability wise between the two I don't know.

well - if you are just testing the waters of flying... then yeah - get the cheap one :) If you like it, I think you'll be upgrading. The point is really - The experience and capabilities are vastly different so they are really not too comparable.

But, if you have any qualms at ALL about sinking more than $900.00 into a hobby - then start small :)

I have been flying both for a while, they are quite different. To be honest, I probably prefer taking out the X5C-1 slightly more, it feels more agile (because it's smaller + especially after taking off prop guards and landing gear); flips are easy; the stock camera is tolerable; repairs are easy and cheap. Perhaps the most significant factor is that with the X5C-1, I don't have to be stressed out about fly-aways, crashes, losing a $1000 machine, damaging property or hurting someone.

Of course if the objective of the day is to take some really professional looking videos, fly further than 100m, or stay airborne for more than 8 minutes, the phantom is the answer. .

But like I said, on most days, the Syma is sufficient for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4