Sydney Fireworks Filmed By Drone ?

TuT

Reaction score
Yes, the official Sydney fireworks broadcasts were filmed by drones. There was a lot of freezing on the live video feeds though.

I just wonder how this equates with CASA rules which state No night flying and no flights over crowds?

That's cool. Would have loved to film this year's out here, but Obama is in town and UAV use ANYWHERE on the island while he's here is banned by the FAA. Some insane fine for anybody caught. I think I heard of a guy getting arrested for flying one out on the west side of the island.

Green_Phantom said:
That's cool. Would have loved to film this year's out here, but Obama is in town and UAV use ANYWHERE on the island while he's here is banned by the FAA. Some insane fine for anybody caught. I think I heard of a guy getting arrested for flying one out on the west side of the island.
As long as you do not fly over the golf course you should be fine :lol: :lol: :lol:

TuT said:
Yes, the official Sydney fireworks broadcasts were filmed by drones. There was a lot of freezing on the live video feeds though.

I just wonder how this equates with CASA rules which state No night flying and no flights over crowds?

They had permission from CASA to fly at 1000' within the exclusion zone that had been setup for the display and they used licensed pilots.

Dave

There was a drone or two here in London during the fireworks I've been told. I think the BBC were using one, with permission from the CAA of course.

Green_Phantom said:

they do the same thing in NYC when the big UN sessions are taking place. the whole city is a no-fly for hobby aircraft

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik