swopping channel 7 from gimbal/tilt to retracts

Reaction score
having retractable legs fitted & not yet having a channel to work them, someone has said about using the 7th channel which as default the tilt for the gimbal. Can i just remove the gimbal plug from the receiver & fit the one for the retracts, what angle will the gimbal default too without the tilt servo plugged in? Has anyone got pictures of the plug i need, i don't really want to try flying & finding out i've removed one of the motor controllers instead lol

many thanks Duane

They have retracts that will function with your S2 switch on your radio allowing you to keep your 7th channel for the gimbal and still using the stock landing Gear! Very nice look high price but nice !

rcdepothobbies.com

RCDH RETRACT LANDING GEAR FOR DJI PHANTOM 2 & VISION PLUS

thanks, but i've already got the legs. I was originally going to go with a Futaba for the 8channel, decided against it now as i quite like the original controller. I've just sent them an email to see if they'll just sell me the controller

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOOt74RuSds[/youtube]

Here's another idea. I've never used (or intend too) the home or course lock, could that be switched to do the retracts instead

I know the link I sent you to those other retracts they are using the S 2 which is the HL CL switch but I couldn't tell you how !!

JBK said:
I know the link I sent you to those other retracts they are using the S 2 which is the HL CL switch but I couldn't tell you how !!
apparently channel x2 is coded & not a normal servo channel, they are using a special box unit. I've sent them a mail to try & buy just the box, but no response so looks like i might need to buy a full kit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik