Switching to F-Mode

From the Fine Manual: Perhaps you should read it.

The nose direction, at the time that CL is set, will remain the forward direction
regardless of how the orientation and position of the aircraft changes. This will
remain fixed until you reset it or exit CL mode.

Home Lock will pull the bird back using GPS.

Now you changed your statement, re-read your original statement referencing CL set based on orientation when taking off. Thanks for confirming what I stated.

Well I guess since you can toggle it on and off, if it's on then it will be the orientation on takeoff. I will test it out on the P3, as the P2 does not reset itself when you engage and disengage CL. Are you saying that's the case, i.e. when toggling CL in flight a new orientation is saved?

Actually that would seemingly defeat the purpose. That's why there is a reset option.

Well I guess since you can toggle it on and off, if it's on then it will be the orientation on takeoff. I will test it out on the P3, as the P2 does not reset itself when you engage and disengage CL. Are you saying that's the case, i.e. when toggling CL in flight a new orientation is saved?

Yes sir. CL is not a failsafe. RTH is the failsafe.

I would say CL is a failsafe if you lose satellites and the bird is far out and you're not sure of the exact orientation.

I would say CL is a failsafe if you lose satellites and the bird is far out and you're not sure of the exact orientation.

Engage CL only when you know the exact orientation of the bird. Otherwise, you are setting an unknown course without any reference to your location. RTH is the correct operation.

If CL is on in the app and you take off with the P3 facing away, you will know its orientation 5000' away when you engage F Mode. That is a Failsafe if no satellite lock. Besides the matrix in the manual shows CL works with no GPS.

If CL is on in the app and you take off with the P3 facing away, you will know its orientation 5000' away when you engage F Mode. That is a Failsafe if no satellite lock. Besides the matrix in the manual shows CL works with no GPS.

That is a true statement, only if CL is engaged prior to losing orientation. My statements were in regard to initiating CL when you don't know its orientation at the time.

I'll wait for home lock before activating f mode. Never cared for headless course lock mode

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj