Switching from mode 2 to Naza M--mode

Reaction score
If switching to manual mode, instructions says?
"You can change to the Phantom 2 mode by clicking the same button used to turn on the Naza-M
mode. This operation will disable the Naza-M mode and enable Phantom 2 mode. All parameters
will be returned to factory settings"
Does it mean it resets to the settings with the IMU calibration and the rest on the Phantom as it was delivered from the shop, or do i have to setup and tune the Zenmuse all over again too?

Im trying again,

I would like this thread to be a rookies way from Mode 2 to setup Naza M-mode as i cant find detailed info about how, dos and donts.
One must of course assume youre able to control a quad in manual mode, but still, im not sure what happens if i confirm in the assistant sf that i want to switch to M-mode, what really happens, and what is changed if you choose to go back to Mode 2.

The main reason i want to be able to enter manual mode, is in case of a compass error, which causes most of the crashes when it starts to go haywire.

How do you get out of compass mode, do you have to enter fully manual mode, or will Atti be enough, and then back to Gps when controll is regained?

Many querstions, so i thin ill start with these ones ;)

The answers to the questions you asked are all explained in that manual and the P2 manual, and when you stated that you must assume you are able to control a quad in manual mode before entering NAZA mode it suggested you hadn't yet read the NAZA-M manual I linked.

NAZA-M mode makes available to you all the features your flight controller has, the same ones that have been in the NAZA for quite a while. Phantom mode locks a lot of those features down in the interest of safety and simplicity for beginners.

The features available in P2 mode along with instructions on each are in the P2 manual, and the same holds true for NAZA-M mode and the manual I mentioned. Switching between the two modes is just a matter of connecting your Phantom to the assistant software and making the change there. Once you do that, the Phantom will behave/respond based on the mode chosen.

Still doesnt answer my concern about rl experience when switching back and forth.
Unfortuantelly i dont trust chinese manual writers...
Is it okay with you if i ask other members about their experience?

Of course, I just wanted you to know the answers to the specific questions you asked were all available in one place. I think you'll find all the anecdotal evidence you could collect will still point to exactly what's specified in the manual, but you're welcome to seek it out however you wish.

Okay, so which page in the manual do i find the answer to this?
"Does it mean it resets to the settings with the IMU calibration and the rest on the Phantom as it was delivered from the shop, or do i have to setup and tune the Zenmuse all over again too?"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj