Switching between GPS and ATTI in flight

Reaction score
Hi all. I've been looking to answer this question through previous posts but not having much luck.

Where I'm currently staying, I can get 6 satellites only just, and at the launch position it often drops back to 4 once the rotors are started.

Once I have a home position lock with the rotors off, I start and launch in ATTI mode, and the satellites are quickly picked up with a bit of height. My question is, will the Phantom automatically switch back to GPS mode in flight, and if I press RTH, will it come back to where it first had a lock, even though that lock was lost once the rotors were started?

Its a bit confusing.
If you take off in ATTI does it mean that the switches are in ATTI ?
If they are then it stays in ATTI but goes into RTH when you flick the switch into FAILSAFE.
When you are all the time in GPS mode and lose a sat lock then it will go to ATTI mode and back to GPS when its able to do automatic.
RTH only works when there are enough sats and thus a sat lock. But homepoint isn't reset even when you lose a sat lock.
Did you do the GPS module mod with alu foil ?
What does the prediction site for sats tell you about the location you are @ ?

I think your home point was established for your powered on flight session so it should come back to where you were with the rotors off. It will flip in and out of ATTI and GPS, i don't see it resetting the Go Home point.

I take off immediately now from my backyard (takes too long to get sats on the ground) and get about 20m up in the air. I keep it in position over the field in my backyard (with no sats you will get sideways wind drift) and I usually get 7 sats right away and I flick my S2 switch up and down to set my Go Home point 20m in the air.

The plus side of this on a Go Home is that it will rise 20 meters above the Go Home location (40m) and it will clear the 25m trees close to my flight area in case something goes wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31