Switch to ATTI when flying indoor or in poor GPS areas?

Reaction score
I might be flying in a large gym in the near future. Would it be a smart move to use atti?
If so, since im inside, do i need to wait for the home point to lock? WILL it even lock?

Chances are you wont pick up or maintain GPS reception while indoors. This being the case Home Lock wont work and Atti would be the best mode to fly in.

GPS in areas where you can't get a consistent signal can cause GPS jumps where the GPS tells there Phantom it has suddenly changed position. The Phantom may try to "go back" to where it thinks it should be. It doesn't do this aggressively (or at least not in my case) but you may see your Phantom slowly heading off towards a wall and you will need to counter it to get it to stop.

I would suggest ATTI in those cases. You may need to work harder to keep it in control but it will at least be predictable.

as already said best to fly in ATTI mode
you will find you have a longer flying time too as having the gps on all the time uses more battery

gmbn.inc said:
dragonash said:
I might be flying in a large gym in the near future. Would it be a smart move to use atti?
If so, since im inside, do i need to wait for the home point to lock? WILL it even lock?

Ummm... This might sound like a dumb-*** obvious question, but if you're going to be flying it inside a gymnasium, why would you need to set a home point? Where's it going to go???

Well, that was the basis for the question.
During the bootup process, doesnt it automatically try to set all that stuff?

If I have ATTI activated before I turn on the phantom, will it go through the same home point and gps process?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20