switch advanced camera with pro camera

Reaction score
I would like to swap out my Advanced camera/gimbal with a Pro camera/gimbal and pay someone the difference.

Mine works perfect. Does anyone have a used Pro camera/gimbal they could sell me or swap?

You only need the gimbal mainboard to convert. You can buy a crashed gimbal off eBay and use the mainboard from it. 5 screws and plug in the ribbon cable...

^^
what Tbock said.
the ONLY difference is the main board inside the gimbal. everything else is identical between A and P version.. well, stickers :)
and out of the box charger for A is 65W and P is 100W

You only need the gimbal mainboard to convert. You can buy a crashed gimbal off eBay and use the mainboard from it. 5 screws and plug in the ribbon cable...
so you are saying all I nerd to convert from a advantage to a pro is the gamble board from a pro? so the cameras are the same? So then when I update firmware I use the Pro selecton?

Just looking for confirmation on this changeover! From what I'm reading, the camera lens themselves are the same. The difference is the gimbal board. Pro of course has the fan. Can anyone else confirm this. The cameras do say 4K and HD on them but maybe they are the same??

yes cameras are the same.
so if you are going to "upgrade" to 4k just get the mainboard already in its original case with the fan and you've got yourself a P3P now. :)

Thks hunch. I've been wondering this for a while now. I havnt looked too close between the p3a and p3p gimbal but I assume they are the same too. I'm assuming you would have to upgrade the Fimware on the bird to pro though right?

there are 2 pieces of plastic thermo conductor bettwen chipset and metal box.
but it s difficult to remove the mother board and risk to destroye a good module advanced.
I try to sale my module advanced 250€
find a camera pro new for 400€
150 the update.

Not hard at all. Did over 600 P2 and P3 gimbal repairs last year alone and all you need is a 00 Phillips screw driver and steady fingers to replace the main upper part of the gimbal where the main board resides.
You can upgrade the fw to a pro but it's not a must
Since you'll be able to record 4K with a new board.

I'm have a p3p that needs gimbal repair. I need yaw arm, roll arm and ribbon. Any best suggestions where to order. I'm in ontario canada

yes cameras are the same.
so if you are going to "upgrade" to 4k just get the mainboard already in its original case with the fan and you've got yourself a P3P now. :)
Where would I get a new main board in original case with fan? I tried at DJI but they couldn't help me. I thought they would have a replacement part. Thanks

on
Where would I get a new main board in original case with fan? I tried at DJI but they couldn't help me. I thought they would have a replacement part. Thanks

on Ebay they are some camera crashed not expensive but a lot in us too far for me

I got a used, perfectly functional P3 pro 4k camera on eBay for $380. Simply remove the drop pins and rubber dampers & carefully undo the 2 connectors. Then reverse steps to reinstall.

now I have a spare P3 advanced camera in case I crash and need parts I can just swap everything minus the board of the 4K.

i have all those in stock and located in Minnesota
do you have the camera board and fan to convert my advantage to a pro?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20