Switch 1 Confusion

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I have not flown this plane before (still reading docs). I was just cleaning up my notes when I noticed my apparent confusion over the settings of SW1. It was my belief that the three positions of SW1 are GPS(1), ATTI(2), and Manual(3). But in the NAZA manual or the PV2+ manual, I've seen the words "set SW1 to {position} FAILSAFE (3)" or something very similar. Are there two different meanings for SW1 position 3 ? Is it modal dependent?

I know of only two general ways the craft will enter FAILSAFE 1) pilot turns off the TX or 2) one of many conditions arise when the craft decides on its own to enter FAILSAFE.

Please fix my mind,
Thanks, Tim

that switch only works if you enable naza mode. By default you are stuck in GPS mode. When you enable Naza mode, by default, positions are: GPS, ATT, FAILSAFE.. you can reconfigure the failsafe to be manual mode (which I did).. failsafe can still be invoked by switching the controller off.

I run in naza my mode. S 1 is gps, atti and failsafe with is return to home. This is the hot setup. You will have to change position 3 to failsafe after enabling naza m. You probably want to turn on ioc while you are in there to get home lock and course lock

Thank you Jason and rrmccabe. I suspected it was modal dependent. I will want to reconfigure Failsafe to Manual as well (I think), but I have not found the software control to do so yet. -- Tim

I personally do NOT want manual for any switch position. GPS, ATTI and Failsafe is exactly what I want.

timtown said:
I've seen the words "set SW1 to {position} FAILSAFE (3)" or something very similar. Are there two different meanings for SW1 position 3 ? Is it modal dependent?

You can set the "meaning" of SW1 pos 3 in Phantom assistant.

timtown said:
Thank you Jason and rrmccabe. I suspected it was modal dependent. I will want to reconfigure Failsafe to Manual as well (I think), but I have not found the software control to do so yet. -- Tim
If I wanted to fly a quad in manual mode I would buy something in the $300 or less range - not a $1300 flying camera with a sophisticated, expensive and fragile gimbal! But that's just me... :D

I use manual mode to drop altitude quickly. I can drop from 400 feet to 150 feet in seconds without wasting battery power, and remain in complete control by flipping to GPS mode. It's nice to know that if something is approaching in the air (like a helicopter, etc) that I can drop out of the way with little risk quickly. I've done it several times and it has worked every time.

AnselA said:
timtown said:
I will want to reconfigure Failsafe to Manual as well (I think), but I have not found the software control to do so

Good luck...
:lol:
Or best wishes, sorry for your loss. :cry:

Jayson Hanes said:
I use manual mode to drop altitude quickly. I can drop from 400 feet to 150 feet in seconds without wasting battery power, and remain in complete control by flipping to GPS mode. It's nice to know that if something is approaching in the air (like a helicopter, etc) that I can drop out of the way with little risk quickly. I've done it several times and it has worked every time.

Have you experienced VRS dumping altitude that quickly - or do you combine with horizontal flight movement avoid?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers