Sweet & Sour NC

Reaction score
OK, North Carolinians..give me a shout out! I got a bone to pick with you NCs since I'm from NC myself. Trying to figure out all these rules and regulations.

Trying to get into the commercial arena with my drone. Didn't realize so many red tapes to keep people from feeding their families in the drone business. Anyways, what do you all know...what are you all doing...what do you recommend?

I've passed NC drone test..got my certificate..was on my way out then bam...told me i need airmen certificate or get sponsor...so I didn't go far. Stopped..guess my cert is worthess cause the dumb system don't know if you passed it or not and can't start where you last left off. Anyways..airmen certificate? I assume that is a pilot's license? I have a friend who is a pilot and could get him to sponsor but just curious for those who have traveled the road. The sad thing is...I called NC DOT twice...and no one cared to pick up the phone because I had specific questions that the website was not able to help.

Anyone in the business and like to share your dos and don'ts specifically about flying so that you don't get into trouble.

Like to hear from you all..specifically NC drone pilots. I understand recreational...you can do just about whatever you want to. Thanks

Until the FAA finalizes part 107, you'll need a 333 exemption in order to fly legally for commercial purposes in the US.

Reactions: BigAl07
As stated above just wait and see where the pieces fall after today.

Even if Part 107 goes into effect today there will still be an airman certificate required but it won't be an actual Pilot's License like it is now. It should be easier and less expensive to get.

But you are correct that in order to operate "by the rules" in NC you have to have a Commercial UAS Operator's Permit from the state which does require Federal items.

One thing I think that needs to be pressed here is that NC is merely saying that in order to fly commercially in NC you have to meet the Federal guidelines. NC isn't requiring the Pilot's License because Federal law already requires that. They are merely "reiterating" the requirement.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr