Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Advanced Swapping P3A for P3S

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Jumping, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Jumping

Nov 29, 2015
    The recent price cut on P3A convinced me to to let my P3S go and buy a P3A. It arrives late next week. I am quite excited about the new capabilities. I write to ask pros and cons and advice on adding the P3A records. Specifically, should I continue my old DJI account and just add the new aircraft or should I create a new account? Perhaps some of you with multiple aircraft have some experiences or advice. It seems quite easy to go either way. Since the craft and their records are different, I am inclined to make a new account. That would create a separate history for the new aircraft. Should I delete DJI GO and all the data then start over on my mobile device?

And if you wish to pontificate, am I required to register the new P3A with the FAA before I fly it since I acquired it after 12/21? Of course, I owned and was flying a (different) UAS before 12/21. And I owned a non-Phantom quad for a week or so in the interim, but no longer own or fly it. Or am I permitted to wait until 2/19 to register the P3A since I was flying "a UAS" before 12/21? I have been waiting to see what becomes of the challenges, but will eventually comply with the rules as they shake out.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.