Swapping Controllers

Reaction score
I just bought a dbs mod for my P3P. If I wanted to purchase an extra controller to install this mod on so that I could keep my original controller intact and warranty in place could I easily switch between the two controllers?

Yes you can. All ya gotta do is go into Dji go, hit link rc and then hit the button on the side of the phantom. Do this anytime you wanna change it back or forth and it will relink for ya.

Reactions: Paul A Byers
Yes you can. All ya gotta do is go into Dji go, hit link rc and then hit the button on the side of the phantom. Do this anytime you wanna change it back or forth and it will relink for ya.
Can you have 2 controllers linked to same drone? I don't mean to use them both at same time (like Inspire) but rather to have on site as backup if the one you're using fails for any reason? Any reason it would only allow one RC to be linked?
Power down the problem one and power up the backup?
Although I suspect if it was already flying and lost the link it would be hard to get the backup to link long distance...

Do it all of the time for the same reason/ Takes a couple of seconds.

Can you have 2 controllers linked to same drone? I don't mean to use them both at same time (like Inspire) but rather to have on site as backup if the one you're using fails for any reason? Any reason it would only allow one RC to be linked?
Although I suspect if it was already flying and lost the link it would be hard to get the backup to link long distance...
No. Once it links to one controller, the link to any other is broken. Think about it, doing it any other way would be madness.

Reactions: Digdat0
I'm pretty sure it's one at a time. If someone can donate me a second rc, I'll test it out ;)

Would that work if the P3 is already in the air- and in range with a decent signal?
But I guess my question is can you have both controllers already linked in case of an issue with one, power down the first & power up the backup with it already linked to that p3?

I'm pretty sure it's one at a time. If someone can donate me a second rc, I'll test it out ;)
That's what I was asking. If it only allows one linked at a time. I kind of suspected that was the case.

Would that work if the P3 is already in the air- and in range with a decent signal?
But I guess my question is can you have both controllers already linked in case of an issue with one, power down the first & power up the backup with it already linked to that p3?
Probably not cause you have to physically hit a button on the side on the aircraft to link it.

I have 2 P3's. I could test it out myself with the second controller.

No. Once it links to one controller, the link to any other is broken. Think about it, doing it any other way would be madness.
Not necessarily. The Inspire has 2 controllers. One manages the camera, the other flight. But they are actually the same controller physically.
But I suppose the operations internally are separate.

Not necessarily. The Inspire has 2 controllers. One manages the camera, the other flight. But they are actually the same controller physically.
But I suppose the operations internally are separate.
You are correct in a way - they are the same controller but they are doing different things. I'm fairly sure that on an Inspire you cannot control the aircraft using both controllers. You choose the photography or the flying functions. But even that isn't available on the P3/P4 despite being essentially the same controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.