Swapping controllers

Reaction score
I have just ordered a DBS mod. If my P3 develops a fault I know Maplin in the UK will just swap it out no problem. If I have modded the controller what happens? Can I just swap the bird itself? Or are they bound to the controller?

I have just ordered a DBS mod. If my P3 develops a fault I know Maplin in the UK will just swap it out no problem. If I have modded the controller what happens? Can I just swap the bird itself? Or are they bound to the controller?
Any P3 bird can be bound to any p3 controller

Wibble,

When Maplin changed my P3 they changed everything, they did not want me to have the old controller etc.

I too have a DBS Mod but I have 2 controllers.

I bought one off ebay from a P3P that went swimming in the Thames.

That has my DBS Mod on it.

As Bob said you can pair any P3 controller with any P3.

Hope that helps.

I bought my P3A like a month ago from one of the official UK dealers i have moded my RC with Itelite DBS. If my bird developed the infamous cracks on the motor arms then cant i send just the bird for replacement ?

I bought my P3A like a month ago from one of the official UK dealers i have moded my RC with Itelite DBS. If my bird developed the infamous cracks on the motor arms then cant i send just the bird for replacement ?
Maybe-- call customer service at DJI and ask them? That's a good question.. The probably want you to send back everything in the original box.

I mean i have not had any problem with my bird so far and i have reduced the airbreaks to 75 % and attitude and yaw to 88 % just in case. I am also thinking to run a coat of acrylic transparent paint or super glue on the edges of the arms. What do u think?

I mean i have not had any problem with my bird so far and i have reduced the airbreaks to 75 % and attitude and yaw to 88 % just in case. I am also thinking to run a coat of acrylic transparent paint or super glue on the edges of the arms. What do u think?
I wouldn't use super glue, Maybe some clear silicon? you may want to get in the shell later for repairs. Have you put the UAV Bits Strong Arm plates on as a preventative measure to give those motor mount bolts something solid to pull against? I already had Snap Prop guard mounting plates on mine, or it would have used the UAV Bits product.
Strong Arm reinforcement plates - UAV BITS

I wouldn't use super glue, Maybe some clear silicon? you may want to get in the shell later for repairs. Have you put the UAV Bits Strong Arm plates on as a preventative measure to give those motor mount bolts something solid to pull against? I already had Snap Prop guard mounting plates on mine, or it would have used the UAV Bits product.
Strong Arm reinforcement plates - UAV BITS
I considered it but then i read that they dont do anything even if u put them on u still can get the cracks. If u tell me they work Bob i will buy them. What do u think?

I considered it but then i read that they dont do anything even if u put them on u still can get the cracks. If u tell me they work Bob i will buy them. What do u think?
I want something to keep the motor from separating from the shell in the event the cracks finally progress to a total failure and the motor comes loose. One recorded incident of that happening on this forum. With those plates in place, that cant happen. They may not prevent the cracks, but they assure no motor separation.

I want something to keep the motor from separating from the shell in the event the cracks finally progress to a total failure and the motor comes loose. One recorded incident of that happening on this forum. With those plates in place, that cant happen. They may not prevent the cracks, but they assure no motor separation.
Makes sense. Thanks bob

Reactions: bobmyers
Nikolas,

I was on the same boat as you and then thought spent all that money on the P3 so it aint going to hurt if I buy another controller, luckily picked one up for £150 from ebay and did the DBS Mod on that, so now whichever controller comes with the P3 I can send it back with the P3 if required without any hassle.

I have a P3P now and if this starts developing problems (I have taken breaking down to 70% and left attitude to default) I would take everything back to Maplins like I did with my P3A for an exchange.

Last edited:
Nikolas,

I was on the same boat as you and then thought spent all that money on the P3 so it aint going to hurt if I buy another controller, luckily picked one up for £150 from ebay and did the DBS Mod on that, so now whichever controller comes with the P3 I can send it back with the P3 if required without any hassle.

I have a P3P now and if this starts developing problems (I have taken breaking down to 70% and left attitude to default) I would take everything back to Maplins like I did with my P3A for an exchange.
Thanks brother . Isnt it late for me now because i have moded the original RC? If i buy another RC from ebay like u did and i leave it intact can i send that one to DJI if needed with my bird or they will not accept it as the SN won't match the original? Also on the original i done the HDMI module upgrade too.

Thanks brother . Isnt it late for me now because i have moded the original RC? If i buy another RC from ebay like u did and i leave it intact can i send that one to DJI if needed with my bird or they will not accept it as the SN won't match the original? Also on the original i done the HDMI module upgrade too.

I highly doubt they will be looking at the serial number of the RC.

Also if you are too worried then just swap the back cover where the serial number is from your RC to the ebay RC lol

Nikolas,

Hi Del, where is the setting to lower the air brake and yaw.

Steve, its in MC settings under gain and expo, scroll down and you will find the braking percentage.
cheers mate, done the settings this morning and it has improved the flying of the phantom drastically. did I good flight over a Dam in Sheffield the first one over water. done a bit of editing with my surface pro but for some reason when I up load to you tube its knocked the quality right down. don't know why.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: D4T_PoM
cheers mate, done the settings this morning and it has improved the flying of the phantom drastically. did I good flight over a Dam in Sheffield the first one over water. done a bit of editing with my surface pro but for some reason when I up load to you tube its knocked the quality right down. don't know why.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That looks great...

Keep it up

Reactions: lotusteve

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31