Swapable camera, anyone tried it?

Reaction score
Hi,
I've just came across this product:
http://dronexpert.nl/?product=pre-order-quickrelease-dronin-for-dji-phantom-2-vision

Its a quickrelease system to change our vision+camera and gimbal, with a gopro or sony Rx100.
The good thing is you get FPV and gimbal control thru the original app.

Has anyone tried it yet?
It solves the problem on having to get an external FPV system with gopros, and its an easy way to upgrade out cameras without getting another drone.

I haven't tried it -- but, it's the only option out right now for those who want full use of the DJI Vision app. People normally say good things about it.

Don't get too excited before you see the price - it's not cheap.
The Phantom 3 could be a more cost-effective option.
Does the RX100 have a gimbal?
I suspect it only has a simple hinged mount.

Don't get too excited before you see the price - it's not cheap.
The Phantom 3 could be a more cost-effective option.
Does the RX100 have a gimbal?
I suspect it only has a simple hinged mount.
Phantom 3 has the same problem of P2V+: you can't upgrade the camera.
the P2V+ is more than enough for me as a flying camera platform. But eventually I'll need a better camera. It would be great to switch cameras according to need. a night camera for low lights, Even thermal for search and rescue.
Cameras evolve much faster than flying platforms.
I'm looking into a DYI solution following this system.

Phantom 3 has the same problem of P2V+: you can't upgrade the camera.
the P2V+ is more than enough for me as a flying camera platform. But eventually I'll need a better camera. It would be great to switch cameras according to need. a night camera for low lights, Even thermal for search and rescue.
Cameras evolve much faster than flying platforms.
I'm looking into a DYI solution following this system.
I went the cheaper route GoPro 4 on P2V+. Gimbal and $8 cable. Sold my original camera for $450.

Reactions: Mako79
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can install zenmuse with gopro to P2V+, and use app (telemetry, fpv, and groundstation). Only "issue" is you can´t select photo-video or change options in fly (you must start recording).

hum.. looks interesting. But seams like he is still using the guts of the original camera to make the connections. I would have to destroy my camera :S

Problem with that is an external FPV system and no APP FPV
I have app fpv. app works the same just can't change camera settings.

I have to agree with above. I really wanted one of these when they first came out and if they had been ready to ship at the time I would have bought one. Very cool product.

However, at this time I would have a hard time spending that kind of cash on a V+ when I would rather spend it towards a P3 with lightbridge.

I have a V+ now and I am flying it like I stole it as they are not "the thing"anymore. That said I am having more fun with it than ever !

I went the cheaper route GoPro 4 on P2V+. Gimbal and $8 cable. Sold my original camera for $450.
+1
Sell the useless camera - fund the H#3D gimbal.
Cheapest FPV setup with the benefit of 2 way coms.

Reactions: dirtdummy

Hey dirt dummy... just about to pull the trigger on the H4-3D and GoPro Hero 4 - i crash P2V+ and the camera and gimbal are shot - so planning on replacing it with this setup. Sounds like i'd end up with what you have..

How is it working out for you? Have you had a good experience with this setup? How's the video compared to the original V+ camera? I know it's better but is it pretty significantly better?

Hey dirt dummy... just about to pull the trigger on the H4-3D and GoPro Hero 4 - i crash P2V+ and the camera and gimbal are shot - so planning on replacing it with this setup. Sounds like i'd end up with what you have..

How is it working out for you? Have you had a good experience with this setup? How's the video compared to the original V+ camera? I know it's better but is it pretty significantly better?
It has been working great with a huge improvement in video quality. I have been going for distance withe the Itelite antenna so I don't have any cool video to show.

It has been working great with a huge improvement in video quality. I have been going for distance withe the Itelite antenna so I don't have any cool video to show.
thanks for the report! I actually just found a great deal on a GoPro 3+ so actually, I think i'll have the 3+ instead of the 4 - but it's good to hear it's working so well! Thanks for letting me know and have fun flying! What type of range are you getting with the Itelite antenna?

thanks for the report! I actually just found a great deal on a GoPro 3+ so actually, I think i'll have the 3+ instead of the 4 - but it's good to hear it's working so well! Thanks for letting me know and have fun flying! What type of range are you getting with the Itelite antenna?
I am at 7200' with stock antenna on the bird. Want 8000' then will mod the bird side.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31