Swap out DBS Mod for different antenna?

Reaction score
Hi,

Last year I had the folks at DBS install their flat panel external antenna on my P3P. All was fine with noticeable distance increase. In the last four months, regardless where I fly it, my distance has gone back down to the stock range; 1.5 mi. (Perhaps my distance increase wasn't as much as I thought it was?) Everything with my P3P is the same and running well. I've emailed the guys at DBS many times now with my concerns but no answer. Time to move on.

Has anybody installed a different manufacture's external antenna after a DBS installation? Many apologies if my question is convoluted and many thanks in advance!

Sprague

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Has it sustained any damage? Maybe contact DBS and see what they say?

Thanks guys. Nope, no damage at all. I've emailed DBS many times now and have yet to hear back from them, that's why am concerned.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't think so as I was in a wide open field many times with full line of sight. Weird as it was very good in the beginning. After many, many unanswered emails to DBS I finally went and ordered the new panel MaxxRange. Never really could figure out the overall degrading performance on the old one ( did all the suggested tweaks) but I do hope this lives up to its name.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It could be the last couple firmware updates that have screwed with your distance. How many posts are there about that!!!

True! I hadn't used my P3P in about two weeks and when I did lo and behold yet ANOTHER update. Not much more to say that hasn't already been said. I'm sure it's all for the good but getting tired of it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj