Surprising critical low battery RTH

Reaction score
Just yesterday I got to experience the crital low battery RTH operate right in front of my eyes...literally. I was bringing 'Freebird' back from a flight around Pensacola Bay with a low battery signal and I was taking my time as the bird was only 300 or so feet away from me. Rather than landing in the grass where the home point was, I decided to land about 10 feet away on some concrete. I had just touched down and executed the left stick down and watched the props slow to almost a stop but, to my amazement, I got a verbal notice from the app and simultaneously the props accelerated and the quad lifted off to about 30 feet and travelled 10 feet back to the home point in the grass and landed itself. It was so odd that my controlled landing coincided exactly with the triggering of RTH. I was lucky there was nothing directly above me but it was good to experience this mode. And, it did permit me to maneuver the craft as it was landing itself, which I thought you were able to do. Very cool technology in this thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers