Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Surf City Splash - with audio from local "flight advisors"

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by jflyer3, Jan 2, 2015.

1. jflyer3

Swimmers braved bone-chilling water and air temperatures of 60 degrees :roll: in Huntington Beach's 15th annual Surf City Splash, New Year's day 2015. Here's the edited video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLVS4f5tCwk[/youtube]

For your amusement I spliced in the ambient audio from my DVR attached to the RC controller. You get to hear the well-meaning advisors gathered around me as I pilot the drone above the ocean at the event. As often happens, the drone draws a curious crowd who like to engage in conversation while I'm trying to keep the Phantom from Davy Jones locker. Actually I enjoy talking about the drone-- but I prefer to do so after the flight. ;-)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6ehn4PLQjw[/youtube]

2. badbrad97

Re: Surf City Splash - with audio from local "flight advisor

You need a spotter to run interference. I use my girlfriend to keep people away from me when I am flying. I get just a little angry when people who aren't paying me, tell me how to fly.

I did have one kid come up once and try to take the controls and his father stood there and did nothing. I asked him if he had $2000 and he said no but his father did. I told him to tell his father (standing there) to go get his checkbook and come back.

3. knuckles

Re: Surf City Splash - with audio from local "flight advisor

I like the comment "Don't worry about it..get closer" or whatever that was LOL :lol:

I wouldn't like any distractions like that flying over the beach with people. I think most people are oblivious to the fact that the pilot needs to concentrate on what he's doing. Usually not the best time for casual chatting with strangers.