Surely it's not this hard!!

Reaction score
Editing and uploading.

Dji Go app doesn't upload 2.7k to youtube.

I then try it through windows movie maker. My videos don't work on that.

I then buy an adaptor to plug into my ipad 2, this won't import my MOV videos, I'm guessing that's because it's filmed in 2.7k.

All I want to do is film stuff, edit it and upload it for people to see in 2.7k. This is seemingly impossible!!
I don't have a high-end laptop to run a top piece of editing software, surely I don't need one.

Please help.

What about editing and uploading?

No, just a laptop and an ipad. Not sure the missus would be too thrilled if I mention I need to spend another few hundred after the £500 I've just spent on the drone

What happens when you try to use Windows Movie Maker?

I've used windows movie maker, and it works, but will only export to YouTube at 1080p.
Not sure if WMM will open a MOV file or not. Are you set for PAL or NTSC?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Are you saving it as a WMM file and trying to upload that?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
It's saving as a MOV file. I really think my laptop isn't up to dealing with 2.7k. I've played it through VLC and it's stuttery. I'll film in 1080p until I get a decent pc. Disappointing as I didn't think it would be this difficult to upload my films.

That is the beauty of a desktop. One can keep upgrading the guts. But that case remains the same. This fools them every time.:D

Dude, you don't need to post 2.7k video to the web. If all you want to do is share video with your friends and family on the web, a much lower definition will do.

Most people that have the expensive post-processing video apps shoot in a higher mode such as 2.7k, but they always downsize it anyway to share to the web.

Even if you don't, some sites will automatically downsize for you anyway. You would have to do something special to stream such high-quality video to your friends and family's also-not-so-capable desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.

So you might as well just shot your video at the rate you plan to upload it in. Do some tests to see which rate gives you the reasonable middle-ground.

Or buy a video editing app. You don't need to buy a $1,000 app to get something that edits and downscales to the web for you.

Chris

Reactions: Jimmyzeb
Thanks Chris. Appreciate that advice. I've bought imovie for my ipad and I'll have a play around with that. It's all new to me but people are helpful and I'll learn lots along the way. Thanks for taking time out to help.

Jim.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic