Suppose we're gonna see more of this now

Reaction score
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF58tnUMveo[/youtube]

Look! Up in the sky!
Yeah right. You ain't never seen a **** drone before?

Cops operating a DUI checkpoint get checked out with a phantom.
A couple of cops take pictures of it.
I was half expecting one to take a little aerial practice with his shotgun.

What can I say? This sort of thing ain't doing our cause any good at all, we'll all end up suffering the consequences when a quad copter falls out of the sky onto a cops head or puts a dint in their roof? We should be making friends not enemies!

this is the sort of idiot who needs arresting. Well done to the Police for not taking his bait as i know he goes around causing trouble then reels off aload of laws claiming why its harassment etc. But the road block is there for a purpose, he's flying over a public highway & obstructing the Police from doing there job

This is Tom Zebra...he is REALLY bad news. He purposely goes out of his way to confront police with his drone and films these episodes and posts them on youtube. Not sure what he is trying to prove but in most of the videos I have seen, he always comes off as being the real ***. He tries to provoke the police, and in most cases, I am impressed with how much restraint they show given how much harassment he dishes out.

He seems to have some real issues with authority. He needs to be seeing a phycologist over his issues, I think there is something seriously wrong with him. Quite frankly, I think he should have been thrown in jail on a number of occasions, for harassment. They have taken a few of his drones away from him already, but he keeps coming back for more...

Khudson7 said:
This is Tom Zebra...he is REALLY bad news. He purposely goes out of his way to confront police with his drone and films these episodes and posts them on youtube. Not sure what he is trying to prove but in most of the videos I have seen, he always comes off as being the real ***. He tries to provoke the police, and in most cases, I am impressed with how much restraint they show given how much harassment he dishes out.

He seems to have some real issues with authority. He needs to be seeing a phycologist over his issues, I think there is something seriously wrong with him. Quite frankly, I think he should have been thrown in jail on a number of occasions, for harassment. They have taken a few of his drones away from him already, but he keeps coming back for more...

You are correct. Not the kind of name you want to associate with UAV's. He tends to push the envelope.

Reactions: dirkclod
I know some of you guys will want to kick my arse for this, butt.......

It's true he does follow the Police around and it's true he video tapes them....butt....a free society really does need these types. They serve a beneficial purpose. They help demonstrate the boundaries of our freedoms and the limits of those with authority. It's a double edged sword, but if everyone always fully complied and never questioned, never pushed...we'd find our rights dwindling.
If what he was doing was truly illegal, he'd be in jail long ago. When he crashes into a police officer then yes, he should get what's coming.

Yeah, he's a douche in a way...but a warrior for freedom in another. He does try not to interfere with their work. and says so.

I do agree that I wish he wouldn't use drones. But at least he's not flying them over airports or into the path of airlines. THOSE people are the REAL arse-wipes imo.

(Ok, let the flaming begin....I can take it...my old arse is made of thick leather)

Reactions: snerd
Warrior for freedom? Looks like a cry for attention to me. And he works in a team, with a camera videoing him when the cops arrive. What a prat!

I have no issues with what he's doing. Filming police is perfectly legal and truth is, if they don't want to be filmed it's because they may want to hide something. How does filming a police officer do any harm?

However, I'd say the drone was being operated in a reckless manner and they really should have at least told him not to fly directly over the checkpoint or the street. Asked him to move it over a parking lot and all is good.

Reactions: JKDSensei
Asked him to move it over a parking lot and all is good.

Well he wouldn't get away with it in the UK. Flying anywhere a police operation, or any emergency incident would result in a visit to the local nick. As for the video, it's downright provocative. An officer trying to work whilst being wound up will have no job satisfaction. I'd even say it is intimidation - it certainly would be said if the other way round. Reminds me of the tactics used by Scientologists when the press start snooping.

I have no issues with what he's doing. Filming police is perfectly legal and truth is, if they don't want to be filmed it's because they may want to hide something. How does filming a police officer do any harm?

However, I'd say the drone was being operated in a reckless manner and they really should have at least told him not to fly directly over the checkpoint or the street. Asked him to move it over a parking lot and all is good.

Your post is reasonable and makes perfect sense.
Why some people feel it's appropriate for Police activity to be veiled in secrecy has always baffled me and seems to be counter to the ideals of a free society.

Well he wouldn't get away with it in the UK. Flying anywhere a police operation, or any emergency incident would result in a visit to the local nick. As for the video, it's downright provocative. An officer trying to work whilst being wound up will have no job satisfaction. I'd even say it is intimidation - it certainly would be said if the other way round. Reminds me of the tactics used by Scientologists when the press start snooping.

Well, when you're talking difference in cultures, a lot more comes into play. In America, we generally hold individual freedom to a higher standard because of our Constitution than the British. (opinion)

For example, we have a "Right" to bear arms. The British have no such thing.

All true. I'm certainly getting a good lesson in cultural differences with this highly USAcentric crowd. [emoji631][emoji636]

Who's watching the watchers?! The guy is a jerk, but the "idea" is a good one. Some states have ruled these "checkpoints" illegal, as the 4th Amendment protects us from unreasonable search and seizure. There is no "probable cause" to stop cars at random like that.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Who's watching the watchers?! The guy is a jerk, but the "idea" is a good one. Some states have ruled these "checkpoints" illegal, as the 4th Amendment protects us from unreasonable search and seizure. There is no "probable cause" to stop cars at random like that.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Sadly, the Supreme Court has ruled them legal if they are set up and meet certain requirements. Police should have nothing to fear if they're following the rules. Having been a victim of what I now know was an illegal search when I was 18, I almost always have an audio recorder on me at all times for my own protection. (The illegal search was a cop who was watching a friends house party waiting for drunk drivers to leave, I left but since I was DD had not been drinking. I was stopped a half mile away for not using a blinker, forced out of my truck at gunpoint, given field sobriety and breathalyzer tests which showed 0.00 while a second squad car arrived. My friends were also taken out of the truck and handcuffed on the curb while the police spent 20min taking my seats out, stereo out, disassembling my interior on the side of the road. When they found nothing they uncuffed my friends and left us on the side of the road with a vehicle that had to be towed because we couldn't put it back together in the dark.)

Sadly, the Supreme Court has ruled them legal if they are set up and meet certain requirements. Police should have nothing to fear if they're following the rules. Having been a victim of what I now know was an illegal search when I was 18, I almost always have an audio recorder on me at all times for my own protection. (The illegal search was a cop who was watching a friends house party waiting for drunk drivers to leave, I left but since I was DD had not been drinking. I was stopped a half mile away for not using a blinker, forced out of my truck at gunpoint, given field sobriety and breathalyzer tests which showed 0.00 while a second squad car arrived. My friends were also taken out of the truck and handcuffed on the curb while the police spent 20min taking my seats out, stereo out, disassembling my interior on the side of the road. When they found nothing they uncuffed my friends and left us on the side of the road with a vehicle that had to be towed because we couldn't put it back together in the dark.)

Sorry to hear about your negative encounter. I've experienced some very , very dishonest thugs in uniform myself. People that say these things don't happen and that bad cops don't exist are living in a bubble.

Fortunately, there are a few good ones here and there.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj