Super Noob Question

Reaction score
So after 10 years in the military due to medical separation, I had to sell my house and move into a duplex in my wife home town. Me and my wife attended real estate school and are now pretty much on our own.

One thing no-one told us about the real estate world is how hard it is to make money and how much money you have to spend.

I have decided to use some teaching experience I gained in the military to hold realtor seminars since most of the people in the town I live in are over the age of 80 and the realtors are not really that much younger.

Drones are like a foreign object to them.

I am literally broke. And I want hold a class on drone photography in the near future because I think I can make enough money doing this to actually pay the bills.

However I don't have enough money to really afford a drone. If I were to buy one and be able to pay it off after the first one, which is the best one to get?

I will just need it for basic arial photography for real estate, nothing fancy.

I was looking at the Phantom 3 standard, they can be had refurbished for $350. that would be my max budget.

Thank you all for any advice.

FYI yes I know about the registration and the license, Something I will worry about later.

Check out the DJI site, DJI Refurbish.
Refurbished Standard $359! And from DJI, should be 'good as new'. Good luck.

the phantom is almost overkill for your needs as those old fogies probably can't see well anyways.
A smaller $50-100 drone will still let you take the pictures, and may be more suited to indoor shots as well.
You won't be 3D mapping with it, but not something you really need at present and the technology is still developing.
But if the business expense helps in april you need to consider that as well. It's to late to stick obama with the bill though.

Noobie drone owner, but wonder if you want help = perhaps a local pilot could help you out for a property or two? Or even during the class? Then if you have interest and can generate the $ for a drone you are set!

Best of all you might connect w/ a local pilot as you learn and have questions or need help!

Best of luck either way!

Reactions: Spency
In your price range, there is NOTHING better than the Phantom 3 Standard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan