Super Noob Needs Help

You would think that even with a little build up, it would spin, just slower. I am wondering if the motor is bad or if the ESC has a setting that disables the motor if there is too much resistance.

If I replace the bearings, is there a chance the motor will work or should I just start looking for a replacement?

I have seen from other posts that you are looking for the replacement. Good choice.
But in the mean time, as you have unmounted motor and esc, you can try to understand who is damaged by replacing the same part of the arm opposite to that you have unmounted from.
This because in that arm the motor rotates in the same direction of the one that is not spinning, while the motors on the other 2 arms rotate in the opposite sense.
I suggest to try the motor first.

How do I know if I have the 2212 or the 2312? I don't see any markings on the motor except what appears to be a lot number.
d34ae5518751b97a4e2e821d45ae0f01.jpg
6d030d220864bf814e064d9e8a533aae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Some extra time on my hands today so I did some searching lol ---- looks like you have a 2212 IMO

Last edited:
Your welcome and looks to me like you might be changing that "super noob" handle to just "noob" (like me) before long, since you seem to be getting right into that bird of yours. Always good to learn all we can as to the internals of these birds and not just about flying em! Best of luck getting her "air-bound" safely! Bet once you do the next step will be a P3!

Reactions: ItsMeScott
Last questions n before making my purchases:

The ESC I need is in the rear of the drone. Are all the ESC's the same? I understand the rotation orientation for the motors are either CW or CCW but is there a specific ESC that I need? I found the V2.1 on Amazon but there doesn't seem to be more than one.

Found this info -

DJI Phantom 2 ESC V2

Features
DJI Phantom 2 ESC V2

The DJI Phantom 2 replacement ESC V2 is the latest ESC used in the DJI Phantom 2 & DJI Phantom Vision+.

The DJI Phantom V2 ESC can be used with both the 2212 & DJI Phantom 2 2312 Motor found in the DJI Phantom 2 range, including the Vision+.

When upgrading a current Phantom to use the 2312 motors you must use these V2 ESC's, if the ESC's are not upgraded at the same time as the 2312 motors are installed, the Phantom can become unstable and crash while in flight.

PHANTOM-2-V2-ESC.jpg

Last edited:
Found this info -

DJI Phantom 2 ESC V2

Features
DJI Phantom 2 ESC V2

The DJI Phantom 2 replacement ESC V2 is the latest ESC used in the DJI Phantom 2 & DJI Phantom Vision+.

The DJI Phantom V2 ESC can be used with both the 2212 & DJI Phantom 2 2312 Motor found in the DJI Phantom 2 range, including the Vision+.

When upgrading a current Phantom to use the 2312 motors you must use these V2 ESC's, if the ESC's are not upgraded at the same time as the 2312 motors are installed, the Phantom can become unstable and crash while in flight.

PHANTOM-2-V2-ESC.jpg

This is great information. Do you think in this case V2.1 and V2.0 are synonymous? I can only find V2.1 on Amazon. I could certainly look elsewhere but free 2 day shipping with prime is ideal.

Everything I have read says to stay away from V2.0 and use V2.1 for the Phantom 2. Here is a youtube vid supporting this

So IMO it looks like your on the right track as to V2.1 - just my opinion and it seems to be supported on that video (youtube).

New ESC and Motor installed (soldering skills a little rusty but it'll do). All props are spinning. Now I need to look into calibrating I think. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Do I use the assistant on my computer to do this? Is it necessary? I cranked the throttle a bit and I have plenty of thrust. I'm just worried about my first flight. What do I need to check before flying?

(It's a stormy day in Boise today so first test flight is going to have to wait a bit)

Thanks

Nice to see you are getting closer to your "maiden flight" - good luck with that - and the weather!

I read this pre-flight info for the P2 on a previous post by "Topeeka".................. Preflight Check List...for the P2V | DJI Phantom Forum
Maiden flight went great. Lots of fun. I let my son take the controls for a second and he flew it into a tree and broke all of the props. Got a few replacements on Amazon so I have spares. Looks like I'm grounded for the weekend :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav