Super duper newbie-stuck on ground

Reaction score
Just got my phantom after a very long discussion w/ a guy that has been flying for longer than I have been on earth. It was initially a new Blade vs phantom discussion. I had purchased the blade online and gone into his store and he talked me into a new phantom. This guy(Atlanta Hobby) was very nice , even took his Phantom out of his car and flew it for me.
I'd flown some smaller less technical quads and wanted to upgrade and start, as most of you on this board, some aerial photography. Loved flying the smaller quads but I did crash...alot.
After putting the Phantom together and charging the batteries, and watching the movies online...I came to a small stopping point.

1. props dont move
2. sticks on controller are stiff in the middle
3.I get a green green flash

Surely The gravity in my backyard hasn't changed since last week...Can anyone help me get off the ground? Should I take this one back?

To start the motors (after all the correct start procedures LED lights have been done), pull both sticks back and towards each other (so they are in the inner bottom corners), until motors start, then let them return to the middle, you are now ready to go. Same procedure to stop motors.
Hope I've explained ok for you.

Shedracer,
thanks for the response...i guess watching ALL the videos, works better. Got some help from the vendor and figured it out before your response.
Took it out and burned up 2 batteries....lots of fun...this could be addictive

zackspar said:
Shedracer,
thanks for the response...i guess watching ALL the videos, works better. Got some help from the vendor and figured it out before your response.
Could be? You're addicted right now and just have not realized it yet! :)

Howdy from Dawson county.

LJ35 said:
zackspar said:
Shedracer,
Could be? You're addicted right now and just have not realized it yet! :)

Howdy from Dawson county.

I am NOT addicted. I keep telling this to my Phantom 12 step program sponsor and councilor. I am not

addicted

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav