Super Bowl: FAA Says Drones Flown Within 32 Miles of Stadium Could Face 'Deadly Force'

Reaction score
what are the hiding 32 miles that is totally stupid and will use deadly force

Trained Dutch Eagles from Holland!

lol

491c3012a4d3ade6079332638003bc53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yea it's severe over reach. I heard it this morning and was in disbelief. I can only guess they are concerned with idiots miles away trying to go waaaaaaay too high to try and see the lit up speck that would be Levi stadium.

The normal sports NFZ kills even the biggest balled long range beyond boos quad jockies. There is no need for a NFZ this big.

Is this bigger than the D.C. Special restricted zone?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wouldn't want to be in the outer 32NMR without the correct squawk code.

I wouldn't want to be caught in the air inside the10NMR without specific prior and continuous permission.

TFR is from surface to and includes 17999 ft. and specifically prohibits by name UAVs, banner towing, flight training......

DC is 15 mile radius.

Yea it's severe over reach. I heard it this morning and was in disbelief. I can only guess they are concerned with idiots miles away trying to go waaaaaaay too high to try and see the lit up speck that would be Levi stadium.

The normal sports NFZ kills even the biggest balled long range beyond boos quad jockies. There is no need for a NFZ this big.

Is this bigger than the D.C. Special restricted zone?

I guess we know where our priorities are!! (Also Go Carolina!!)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think the 32 mile figure is more for general aviation. It is to give the authorities time to intercept a plane before it can get close to the stadium. The UAV's are just caught up in it too.

I'm pretty sure it's because NFL, TV networks, and NFL Films want to have exclusive rights to the video. They don't want Don Trump flying around the stadium towing electioneering banners or competing beer companies distracting fans during the game and spoiling their video production. It's all about the money.

You know, when I was a kid in KC, I remember tons of planes pulling banners over the stadium. Guess we live in a different world. My brother and I belonged to the wolf pack. All the wolf pack kids sat in a designated section, away from their parents. I cant even imagine that going on now. We were 8 and 10.

Reactions: m0j0
You know, when I was a kid in KC, I remember tons of planes pulling banners over the stadium. Guess we live in a different world. My brother and I belonged to the wolf pack. All the wolf pack kids sat in a designated section, away from their parents. I cant even imagine that going on now. We were 8 and 10.
A bunch has happened. Those were better times. Go PANTHERS!

Reactions: BigAl07
I thought there was a no-fly-zone for 32 miles around the game. They must have been embarrassed when those jets snuck over top right after the national anthem! :)

I thought there was a no-fly-zone for 32 miles around the game. They must have been embarrassed when those jets snuck over top right after the national anthem! :)
Seriously? It's a NFZ unless you have authorization. There were also other aircraft flying within that NFZ but they were also authorized.

With the number of terrorist threats and activities we have today it's no surprise they enact an NFZ like that around such an event. What better time for some wanna-be terrorist to make a huge impression?

Please realize the NFZ was for ALL unauthorized aircraft but once the "Media" attached "Drone" to the article name it got a ton more "hits" and caused forums across the land (like this one) to light up with media frenzy for absolutely no reason at all. NFZ's are a way of life in aviation.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj