Sunshan & IbCrazy 2.4 Blue Beam antennas on RE700

Reaction score
I just ordered the FPVLR Stage 4 set for my Vision+ Ver 3. While I'm waiting, I've been thinking about trying an old Sunshans along with an old set of IbCrazy (5 lobe & 3 lobe) antennas on the RE700. The Sunshans would probably power the 5 lobe. The bird is not yet modified.

I tried using a RE500 with this set up on the V+ and obtained no gain.

Other than "just wait on the FPVLR", does anyone have any thoughts on what kind of performance gain I might expect modifing the RE700 this way? I am curious to see the difference between the Stage 3 (amplified) set up and my half-backed scheme before I ultimately mod the bird to the FPVLR Stage 4.

Thank you for your thoughts.
Paul

paulgrenga said:
I just ordered the FPVLR Stage 4 set for my Vision+ Ver 3. While I'm waiting, I've been thinking about trying an old Sunshans along with an old set of IbCrazy (5 lobe & 3 lobe) antennas on the RE700. The Sunshans would probably power the 5 lobe. The bird is not yet modified.

I tried using a RE500 with this set up on the V+ and obtained no gain.

Other than "just wait on the FPVLR", does anyone have any thoughts on what kind of performance gain I might expect modifing the RE700 this way? I am curious to see the difference between the Stage 3 (amplified) set up and my half-backed scheme before I ultimately mod the bird to the FPVLR Stage 4.

Thank you for your thoughts.
Paul

Paul,
I played a little with antennna's on the RE700, and had no positive results, maybe one time, with a 500mw booster and 7dbi antenna a 10%, but it was such a unstable connection, i decided to give it up, and returned to stock.
Now, i have Tony's stage 3 on order, and will wait until that arrives. Even then, i will do it in 2 stages, first the control side, then the bird.
I know you don't want to hear "just wait..", but it would still be my advise.
On the other hand, maybe there are alternatives, give it a try and tell us ;-)
Good luck and happy flying;.

Thank you Rudy.

I agree with you on installing the FVPLR antennas in "stages". Not looking forward to modifying the bird.

On an extra RE700 I did install the Bluebeams along with a Sunshans amp (on one antenna). The weather has been so bad in Buffalo that I haven't had any real chance to try it yet.

Before the mod, I played with the iOS booster app and have noticed no difference in either "Normal" or "Smart" mode on an iPhone. It could be that the humidity is so high that nothing will help now. Boosted or not I'm getting about 800' distance at 350' altitude over "the hood" and about 1,200' distance over farm land.

I'll keep you posted when I try the booster app and BlueBeams without the snowfall or sleet... hopefully before Spring! :x

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Paul,

Just for the records, unmodfied, i get about 1200ft at 300ft height in very dense urban situation. Open field gives me 2000ft, with an record last week, of 3600ft!!!! unmodified.
I always use fpv booster on my iphone (now 6+)

Happy testing;-)
Rudy

Rudy,

That's interesting. I've owned two P2V's and one P2V+ (Ver 3.). I've never achieved those distances without a mod. Wonder why? Pretty sure I've followed the manuals... Kind'a frustrating. Living near Niagara Falls, I'm trying to get a consistent LR to shoot the Cataracts when they light them in the evening.

Maybe 300' is a better height. I fly at around 400' around my home. Trying not to freak-out my neighbors.

Ps: Congrats on your current record!!! Fun, is'nt it? :)

I'll keep you posted...

Thanks again,

Paul

Hello Paul

Yeah, those neighbours.
I know, here in my hometown, they are searching for me...saw it on Facebook. So no more flying here. (In my country it is even forbidden, to fly legaly, i have to go the the Netherlands)
And yes, long distance is tempting, that is the reason we buy these FPVLR things

Greetings,

Rudy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20