Sunshade over camera

Reaction score
Does anyone use a sunshade over your drone camera rather than using ND filters, if so can it affect the gimble as a sunshade could act like a sail and the wind might try to pull the camera around. I'm thinking a CPL with a sun shade would be better then an ND filter.

Last edited:
Sunshade and ND filters are two different things. Sunshade over a lens could prevent a direct sun glare over the lens at a point on the lens whereas ND filters reduce the amount of light over the entire lens. I have a sun shade but I have never used it. I pitch down camera by few degrees to avoid direct sun.

Does anyone use a sunshade over your drone camera rather than using ND filters, if so can it affect the gimble as a sunshade could act like a sail and the wind might try to pull the camera around. I'm thinking a CPL with a sun shade would be better then an ND filter.
I have a P4 and a sun shade. I tried it and it seemed like the gimbal didn't like the extra weight on it. Camera would drop down for a moment and go back up into position. All i did was hover. I left it alone after that out of fear of stressing the gimbal out and messing something up.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr