Sunshade / monitor hood for Nexus 7?

Reaction score
I think I'll be using my Nexus 7 (2nd version) as the display for my phantom 4, but noticed yesterday when using it that it can be difficult to see in sunlight. Is there any sunshades / monitor hoods that work well with the nexus 7?

I think I'll be using my Nexus 7 (2nd version) as the display for my phantom 4, but noticed yesterday when using it that it can be difficult to see in sunlight. Is there any sunshades / monitor hoods that work well with the nexus 7?

I can't say anything specifically in answer to your question but I can mention some generalities from my experience with my iPad which I'm thinking will probably be applicable.

I think getting direct sun off of the screen is important but it's only part of the battle, the other half being reflection. If your tablet is oriented in such a way so as to reflect the sky, light colored clothing or objects behind you, even if there is no sun on the screen it can be difficult to see. I have found that wearing black clothing and a wide brimmed hat to be helpful, but not a complete solution. I think that will require something like the Hoodman with its optional attachment... something with which you can block out all ambient light and reflections. There's a compatibility chart on the Hoodman site. I didn't see your device listed. It may be worth contacting them to see if their offering will fit.
Drone Aviator hood kit (includes HAV2 & HAV2E) - HAV2KIT in Drones, Phones and Tablet

As posted above there are hundreds on ebay etc. I bought a cheap one, but had to modify it. There were rubber suction pads on the back that hold the Nexus but these were a poor, and unsafe grip, and held the tablet too far out from the holder to grip. 2 mins with some heavy duty scissors sorted it.
Even with a hood it is still not very satisfactory, you will get reflected glare, and as noted above a black shirt, and a wide brimmed baseball cap is my solution.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj