Sunshade hood for iPhone 7 Plus?

Reaction score
Hey all! I'm in the market for a sunshade to use with my iPhone 7 Plus while piloting my P4. Is anyone here running with a iPhone 7 Plus? If so, what kind of hood are you using? Also, can anyone recommend a good brand to go with? I'm not looking for anything terribly expensive, just something small enough that I can keep it nice and portable but still get the job done on sunny days. Thanks all!

I bought one off of Amazon for $7.99 and it folds up. Is perfect for traveling

Do you have a link to the one you bought? There's just sooooo many.

Checkout Hoodman Aviator. Not cheap but well made and very effective. Google the term.

Today I received the Hoodman Aviator Hood Kit (Model HAV2KIT). I use it with my DJI Phantom 4, which I’ve had for around one year. Before purchase of the Hoodman Aviator, I used the DJI Remote Controller Monitor Hood for Tablets ($16.00). My primary use has been capturing video of my son surfing at Wrightsville Beach, NC; for example, see here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

While sitting in a beach chair flying my Phantom, even with the DJI monitor hood, I’ve still had to fly with a beach towel over my head (while flying in direct sunlight) to enable sufficient illumination of the iPad controller. It looked strange, but I decided long ago I couldn’t adequately see the controller without a towel over my head (no matter how ya put it, that just sounds strange, doesn’t it!).

I wish I’d known about this Hoodman thing much sooner. After flying with it for a bit more than two hours, I can say unequivocally I’d have purchased it much sooner if I’d known about it. There will be no more flying with a towel over my head while at the beach!!

This thing is wonderful!! I can have complete access to a bright robust view of my monitor and I need only look up to see my drone directly. I don’t have to lift a towel from over my head!! I’ve also used a VR One Plus (goggle) with my iPhone but I was unsatisfied with the grainy picture my iPhone provided under such magnification.

My impression is this hood provides a wonderful utility which I should have purchased long ago. I’d buy it again in a heartbeat and I recommend it to others with similar needs. Others have commented on the need for a Velcro attachment for the tablet and I suppose that may be a valid observation. I find, however, the tablet secures to the device just fine although Velcro might have provided a more speedy option. I believe the build quality and material is excellent.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic