Sunshade blues

Reaction score
Well I am trying to get some hours of practice flying my new p4p. Big problem for me and from what I have read is I basically can't see s**t on my Ipad mini 3. Hoping it's not just my eyes ( older ) but I went with a anti-glare screen and still can't see it. So I am going to try this:
Amazon.com : 30in Diameter UV Protection Fishing Field Sun Umbrella Hat (Camouflage) : Patio, Lawn & Garden
I be styling, well atleast IMHO it's better then a blanket over my head. Figure if I get enough shade around my rc it should help. The price is right to try it out, and if it doesn't oh well try something else. Will let you know.
John

I have tried many sunshades and they all give about the same results.
not worth a toot in bright sunshine.
I cut a piece of card board and painted it black than taped it to my k1 .
worked just as good as any of the other ones I have had.

Sunshade linked above with black hand towel on bill of ball cap with binder clips. I flip the towel over the sunshade when I need to see the screen real well, flip back when I don't. Like an 1800's photographers hood. Looks a little goofy, but works.

Reactions: Bigbells
Yea the Hoodman is great even without the extension added on. But with it on and when you bury your face in no light and you can focus on what you are shooting...
Had mine for a year now and could not fly without it tbo! I fly with an Ipad Air 2 btw. There is not much to do on the screen itself so it's not that big of a deal having all sides deep. And if you add the extension it's like a theatre in there. It is overpriced a tad imo but it's the best screen I've seen so far.

Had mine for a year now and could not fly without it tbo! I fly with an Ipad Air 2 btw. There is not much to do on the screen itself so it's not that big of a deal having all sides deep. And if you add the extension it's like a theatre in there. It is overpriced a tad imo but it's the best screen I've seen so far.
I change a lot of camera settings etc when flying the the extension is a nightmare for me.

I change a lot of camera settings etc when flying the the extension is a nightmare for me.
I could understand that. But you do know that you can change ISO, shutter speed, and aperture with your scroll wheel on right by punching it in and toggling through those. You are prob changing other things I bet though.

This is what annoys me most - I can't get comfortable with flying because I can't see where I'm going properly. It's not even that bright in the UK most of the time.

I'm wondering whether my iPhone 7+ is a better option then the iPad mini purely on screen brightness.

I bought the hi-aerial which is similar to the hoodman. It is on sale for the remaining of the month. If I can find a shady spot such as a tree or small park pavilion, so much the better.

I'm wondering whether my iPhone 7+ is a better option then the iPad mini purely on screen brightness.
I would guess that your Iphone 7+ is a little bit brighter than the Ipad Mini. It's newer tech isn't it? Hoodman with extension is sweet to really be able to see if your in some tighter spots or it's hard to see tree tops ect. I know what you mean about not being able to see properly for sure. It is key!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl