Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi Guys

Myself and a friend (who is the pilot and owner) have worked together on one project before and decided to get together and do this as a showcase of what we can do together.. And to learn how to use the duel controls together..

Feedback appreciated. (More info on Vimeo description)

Thanks

Dan

Really nice work by the pair of you. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I thought it looked really good. I very new to the drone world. Bought my first drone P4 a couple of weeks ago and really am enjoying it. Living in Norfolk means there not a great deal of scenery. Locally there not much other than fields! But I did go and fly at a local church the other day and had my first go at editing with iMovie. It's a fine line between speeding up the footage so you don't fall asleep watching it! To then have the pan/tilt zoom operations then look jerky. Guess I need a lot of practice.
But from what I have seen so far I would love to do something commercially with this in the future.
All the best.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I thought it looked really good. I very new to the drone world. Bought my first drone P4 a couple of weeks ago and really am enjoying it. Living in Norfolk means there not a great deal of scenery. Locally there not much other than fields! But I did go and fly at a local church the other day and had my first go at editing with iMovie. It's a fine line between speeding up the footage so you don't fall asleep watching it! To then have the pan/tilt zoom operations then look jerky. Guess I need a lot of practice.
But from what I have seen so far I would love to do something commercially with this in the future.
All the best.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not a great deal of scenery? In Norfolk?? I'd imagine the Norfolk broads would look pretty magnificent in the very early morning! I agree with you about it being hard to operate the pan/tilt operations. Most of the stuff we did in this video aren't really utilizing the camera controls a great deal. Turns out that the best shots came from one fluid motion... The best duel controls shots are the slow pan up (we did MANY of these that didn't make the cut). Anything where I try and follow/track someone was done with a VERY light touch and there was still stuff I couldn't use, and lot's of cuts just before things got jerky... A builder I once knew told me that if you couldn't see something then there was no problem, when referring to the state of the plaster behind the skirting board. I think the same is true for editing. Use only the best shots and shoot plenty of footage. That said, this came out very well for 5 x 15 min flights, but Steve is a very experienced pilot, so maybe that's down to him. It being a lovely morning definitely helped. Thanks for watching! :)

Reactions: tbird68
Very smooth and well thought out. Taking in the views not usually associated with aerial videography. I really liked the whole production.

Thanks very much!! Was a lot of fun, and hope to do some more soon! Night time next I think, with all the bright city lights, somewhere safe and legal of course!

Very nice video.
Is this a bit close to the airport? (I'am from Hove)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31