Sunlight problems?

Reaction score
I was wondering if the tint and and waviness of the second half of my video was from the sun and if it van be fixed with a camera sunshade?

I edited it and threw some music on just for the fun of it.

Its happened to me, and have seen from other posts that it would be the sun causing it. The common solution I've seen was to use a Neutral Density filter on your camera. I use a Hero 4 Black, and they sell,filter kits for it, but I don't have the link handy... Sorry.

Prop shadows. The rolling shutter speed vs the props speed. This happens when the sun is above the phantom.
Just need a hat for your lens. I use black tape.
An ND filter will help on bright days also. It allow less light in and therefore slow the shutter speed.

Here's what Mako79 meant by a hat. Here in the US we call it a sun hood. This is mounted on a lens protector and I super glued it onto the protector.
IMG_2538.jpg IMG_3286.jpg

I made my own using this example. This hood is about 120 degrees. I made mine 180 degree arch. Used thin flat plastic. Printed out the photo, resized, cut out the paper and traced onto thin plastic, cut plastic, primed, then spray black. Hardly any jello and sunlight glare.

Phantom 2 GoPro Lens Hoods // AiRobotic

I cut a red solo cup and taped it in a circle now the red matches my red themed drone so its cool.

Reactions: rockhoundrob

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj