Sun Shield Nvidia Shield

I have anti-glare and a hood for my K1 and it's still hard to see even in overcast days. Took a 3 hour trip to Bodega Bay this weekend only to find out my video was washed out because I couldn't accurately see what I was shooting. Been messing with Adobe products (Premier & Lightroom) trying to correct the problem.

IMHO, the only solution for me would be:
The problem with the vinyl and cardboard sun shields is that the K1 doesn't stick to the suction cups because of the matte finish on the back. My K1 falls off evertime I use it and thank God I have a good strong short USB cable that prevents it from falling to the ground.

Last edited:
Your K1 has magnets on the backside (for some reason) that will hold any hood-thingie you make, just glue on some washers in appropriate spots.

I have tried so many shields for my Nvidia that didn't work worth a **** I decided to build my own & it works really good.

Materials: Gorilla Duck Tape Black not silver, black foam poster board from Office Depot, razor knife, 4 washers, 2ft black bungee cord, large brim Quicksilver Hat.

As you can see by the attachment it's pretty self explanatory, its very light weight & works great. The screen is completely covered with cut outs on the side for camera &/or video adjustment & you can still enter from the main opening to tap the screen if need be. Add the wide brim hat & you're good to go. I can put my entire face up to the sun shield & view perfectly. The great thing is I can lift my head up ever so slightly & see my bird, hover at a location then dip my head into the viewing area without hardly any glare at all, the wide brim hat is key. Total cost of the shield was less the $20, the hat was $20 also, its one I use outside doing yard work.

There is something does does work....you just have to make it yourself.
The hat is a very good idea.

I have tried so many shields for my Nvidia that didn't work worth a **** I decided to build my own & it works really good.

Materials: Gorilla Duck Tape Black not silver, black foam poster board from Office Depot, razor knife, 4 washers, 2ft black bungee cord, large brim Quicksilver Hat.

As you can see by the attachment it's pretty self explanatory, its very light weight & works great. The screen is completely covered with cut outs on the side for camera &/or video adjustment & you can still enter from the main opening to tap the screen if need be. Add the wide brim hat & you're good to go. I can put my entire face up to the sun shield & view perfectly. The great thing is I can lift my head up ever so slightly & see my bird, hover at a location then dip my head into the viewing area without hardly any glare at all, the wide brim hat is key. Total cost of the shield was less the $20, the hat was $20 also, its one I use outside doing yard work.

There is something does does work....you just have to make it yourself.
The hat is the key! I need one.LOL

A good start would be an anti-glare protective film for the screen itself. Shields are effective under certain conditions,
but never 100% effective. I made my own with decent results with black felt inside. Wear a solid dark color shirt,
and a solid dark hat. Any glare off of what you're wearing only adds to the frustration.

Once tethered to your Remote controller, the mobile device is being charged, so don't be afraid to crank up the brightness
on the display to full tilt! I don't think 100% glare free is possible... Like you, I'm open to additional input! :)
Good advice except what I underlined. The remote does not charge any device

I saw that one in photos looks good, does it stay in place without flopping around to much? The shield is heavier then I thought it was going to be & with the sun cover I don't want it to be to top heavy for the mounting bracket.
I have a hoodman and like it a lot. I crank up the brightness anyway on my nVidia Shield. It fits in the holder pretty well. It will flop backwards but hasn't really been a problem.

I also have the hoodman landing pad. It's great as I never take off from grass (mine is often high--)

I have to admit something. I had set the brightness on my iPad, but in the meantime, it had gone back. Either my wife changed it or I did it and don't remember (I prefer to blame my wife). So, I put it back up to full, and it's much better. Still reflects, still works better in shade, but it's better than what I was complaining about.

I have a small umbrella that clamps to a folding lawn chair. I'm thinking maybe if I used that, i could get some extra shade. I even have a sheet of black cloth I used to use as a backdrop. Doesn't weigh much. I could drape that over the umbrella.

Anyway, I'm happy to say that due to a minor oversight, I've managed to improve it too some extent, anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl