Sun Shade?!?

Reaction score
No phone or tablet that I have seen is direct sun viewable enough to be my fpv device. How would/could you add a sun shade to a Mavic controller design?

Someone will come up with something very soon. Looks like your hands are now able to block most light entering from the side, so in the meantime, I'll probably be going Ghetto with a playing card stuck on top between the controller and my phone.

The phone is mounted so your body and some part of the remote will behave like a sunshade..

Did you look at the pics? It straps around behind, leaving the ends of the phone open so the hooded phone should clamp into the controller same as always.

That's way said shouldn't interfere. o_O.

(also should be some testing by one of the DJI reps fairly soon...so we'll know for sure) ;)

Looks good!

It's true...the fabric shades alway try to parallelogram back to their folded state and take a fair bit of convincing to cooperate

I'll be 3D printing some for my HTC soon to do some testing with.

did you already get a mavic controller? Or just made this off the spec sheet dimensions?
MAVIC-SUNSHADE-CLOSED-1_1024x1024.jpg

Keep an eye on thingiverse.com. will come some sunshades up there for 3d printing. probably <$1-2 printing cost, so very cheap solution :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic