Sun shade

Not really. I use a hoodman, and while it does cut down some of the glare, and its better than nothing, its not like looking at your ipad inside the house... I've yet to see anything that worked completely.

Reactions: Wallyboy
Any thoughts on a sun shade for ipad mini2, basiclly do they work ok

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I use PadHat (magnetic version) from Hoodivision on my iPad Air and it does work fairly well due to its 70-degree angle tilt. It helps cut a lot of glare and sunlight. It's also easy to put on and fold down for storage.
hoodivision

Not direct experience, but my buddy has a PadHat for his Mini 2 that is magnetic only and he doesn't like it. Blows off in the wind.

It does look like the "hybrid" version supports the slightly larger Nvidia Shield, and also addresses the blowing off in the wind problem.

As there really isn't anything else out there except some wonky DIY solutions for the Shield, I'd have to say it sounds pretty good.

Not direct experience, but my buddy has a PadHat for his Mini 2 that is magnetic only and he doesn't like it. Blows off in the wind.

It does look like the "hybrid" version supports the slightly larger Nvidia Shield, and also addresses the blowing off in the wind problem.

As there really isn't anything else out there except some wonky DIY solutions for the Shield, I'd have to say it sounds pretty good.

Thanks for your thoughts. :)

Best regards, Jim

YIKES! Did I see that cost correctly? $99 for the hood for the iPad Air!
Sorry, but that's a little bit too pricey for me.

smp

Reactions: PrecisionAeroworks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl