Sun shade for tablets

Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, and it would be great to find a sun shade for it and order at the same time. I've been searching for about an hour, both here and and on Amazon, for something that might work. Are most people just going DIY? Anyone have any suggestions or links?
Also, I was going to buy a Satechi universal mount which fits on the dji Tx ball joint, but it's out of stock or discontinued. Anyone have another tablet mounting option?
Sorry if I'm sounding lazy with my search skills but I'm truly not finding a good solution for either of these 2 products. Any help is appreciated!

Reactions: John Nebroc
If you are buying this tablet to run the P2+ vision app, be careful. It may or may not run on this platform. I tried it on an andriod 7" tablet and it would not load. I sent it back .I then bought one on Ebay that came pre-loaded with the apps. It works as advertised, but the display is so dim I can't read the data even with a sunshade. (home made). So if your purchase is to have a larger easier to see screen, maybe, maybe not......

There is more than one version of the app.
My mate got the one for his Note 2 from the Google Playstore.
When he got a Galaxy Tab 7" he tried to download it to that and it said it wasn't compatible with that tablet.
However there is another version of the app somewhere on the DJI website that you can download.
He did that and the tablet now also works the same as the phone.

I have a Nexus 7 and it works fine. The samsung will probably be a little nicer actually. Just have to get the link for the app from DJI website or use ilovecoffee's modified app.

I bought the Samsung Tab S 8.4 and it works fine. For the first time I am actually able to see where I am flying. The only limitation is the limited quality of the WiFi connection. But bigger is definitely better. As for a mount, I bought the mount from "Mr Droneworx". It fits perfect and allows me to hold the tablet in the original mount. The owner told me he is also working on a sunshade for the tablet. Not sure when that will be available.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413847369602.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413847369602.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 559
Mopar Bob said:
I bought the Samsung Tab S 8.4 and it works fine. For the first time I am actually able to see where I am flying. The only limitation is the limited quality of the WiFi connection. But bigger is definitely better. As for a mount, I bought the mount from "Mr Droneworx". It fits perfect and allows me to hold the tablet in the original mount. The owner told me he is also working on a sunshade for the tablet. Not sure when that will be available.

Great intel, Bob! Just curious about one thing... is the limited quality of the wifi an issue with the galaxy tab? What are your symptoms? I will hold my breath until you answer... :shock:
Thanks!

For the sunshade I bought a plastic clip on from ebay and added flat black plastic from a duotang folder to extend the depth. Works well for me.

I purchased the mount from droneworx for a Tab 4 8" and had to use a chainsaw file to enlarge for the S Tab 8.4" by about a 32nd each side. They are very precision made and an elegant solution.

This is my 3rd Samsung device I've used. My Galaxy 3 phone (amoled screen), Tab 4 8" and now the Tab S 8.4 (amoled screen). The amoled screen is without a doubt, the very best. The S also has a compass which the Tab 4 does not.
On all three I can easily stream HD movies and other such content from a network source via the WIFI but I have not been able to improve my preview quality from the lowest setting with the P2V+.
On occasion, with all 3 I have upped it to the second lowest with dreadful latency. If I move the Phantom within 3 feet of the controller I can do better. I have tried taking the slate away from the controller and closer to the Phantom but that does nothing. I don't understand why all 3 of the devices can perform so well on my own network and yet experience such weak performance with the P2V+.
anyway, the gained real estate and screen quality on the Tab S is awesome.
The device makes an awesome fast slate as well!

If you look at the vision app, the options for "preview quality" are very limited. 640 being the best. With the best, you have more latency in the display. That's true with any display device attached in that way. Its like the difference between HD and the old standard broadcast. The image quality of the tablet itself is phenomenal. But you cannot take advantage of it because of the way the phantom connects (to any device). However, if you were to connect your display device through something like Lightbridge which does not used WiFi, then you would be able to connect the tablet to the Lightbridge device and get excellent display quality. I will say this, with my Samsung Galaxy S4 hooked up, the screen size was so small that I could barely make out where I was going. Although the tablet is limited by the WiFi, the much larger size makes the viewing acceptable. I am sure that with an added sunshade, the improvement will be even more pronounced. By the way, I looked at these other holder options others suggested. They seem clumsy compared to the Mr Droanworx version.

I have the P2+ Vision app running on my Samsung Tab S 10.5 although I did have to use the alternative method of installing the app, I’ve only played around indoors so far with the 10.5 screen as I have no way to support the tablet yet.
For the time being I continue to use my Galaxy S4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers