Sun shade extrusion kits for sale

Reaction score
After repeated requests from pilots who cannot buy this extrusion material I have started selling these kits for $20 plus $10 shipping to anywhere in the world. Watch the video to see how strong and durable these sun shades are. The great thing is you can customise the depth and height to suit your own needs. I use mine (the one in the video) for my Inspire / iPad mini monitor but the also fit iPad Air and all Galaxy tablets and phones.

PM me on here or YT and I'll send you an invoice. The extrusion is not available in the US, Canada or continental Europe.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: LostAngel
Not to burst your bubble but that material, and more like it, is available in the US at local stores. I used this same type of material for making signs and point of sale displays for years. This type of item can be found in plastic, metal, and other materials. The sign material is trade named coroplast and any vendor should have the corner material in stock as well. The benefit to your package I suppose is the elimination of tracking down the materials and having to cut/prep them. For the $30 price point I think you will be hard pressed to find many buyers.

As you were probably able to tell by watching the video, I use the sun shade on my Inspire controller. I have been told by multiple Inspire owners that they have not been able to find the extrusion materials in any home improvement stores in their areas. I have sent over 30 of these kits around the world now, mostly to the U.S. when you've invested upward of $5k on an Inspire and accessories, $30 isn't much although I could see it being a problem if you've spent everything you have on your phantom.

Hi Pete, thanks for your tutorial video, this is exactly what I am looking for to make a sun shade for my HTC One phone. That flat black sponge board would be perfect. What kind of store did you get it from? Just trying to source the parts locally here in Canada.

Hi Big Bull,
The foam core board is from a stationary store here but it's also available from Bunnings which is one of those big-box home improvement stores. Costs about $5NZ ($4US) per sheet which is enough to make two shades. If you can't find the extrusion materials then send me an email or PM me here and I can sell you some and send it. I have one client in Ottawa who's ordered a couple of kits now, his wife stole his first one!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31