Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

suggestions forimproved wifi antenna for P3??

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by kaybee1, May 11, 2015.

1. kaybee1

Hi Guys, quad coptering is new to me with the P3 and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for improved video streaming range from the P3 back to the operator? I see the controller signal holds strong but the video chops and breaks frequently after 1000ft or so if you're not exceptionally high up. Are they any antenna mod suggestions we can make to the P3 to increase the feed back to the controller? Anything from the P2V+ that might easily adapt to the P3 for this purpose?

Thanks,
    ~K

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

3. tcope

There are antennas that you can install to increase the gain. A forum member is testing one right now. In your title you mention WiFi. Keep in mind that the P3 does not use WiFi. You should have a good video stream to at least... I'd say 4000'. Granted, it won't shoot through buildings but it will curve around them somewhat.

4. StevenQX

People is never satisfied...

5. kaybee1

c'mon.. nothing to do with satisfied... I'm amazed by this product. But like anything else, doing more is always exciting. I live in a very wooded area and getting any type of range without being 1000' up is difficult. Improving the range of the video feed would make an already exciting product even more exciting, that's all.

We're human... pushing limits, improving things, challenging ourselves... it's in our nature.

Julius717, N017RW and louforgiveno like this.
  6. ViperNuke

Just buy the RE1500 that comes with the P3+... :p

7. kaybee1

Whats the RE1500?