suggestions forimproved wifi antenna for P3??

Reaction score
Hi Guys, quad coptering is new to me with the P3 and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for improved video streaming range from the P3 back to the operator? I see the controller signal holds strong but the video chops and breaks frequently after 1000ft or so if you're not exceptionally high up. Are they any antenna mod suggestions we can make to the P3 to increase the feed back to the controller? Anything from the P2V+ that might easily adapt to the P3 for this purpose?

Thanks,
~K

There are antennas that you can install to increase the gain. A forum member is testing one right now. In your title you mention WiFi. Keep in mind that the P3 does not use WiFi. You should have a good video stream to at least... I'd say 4000'. Granted, it won't shoot through buildings but it will curve around them somewhat.

People is never satisfied...

c'mon.. nothing to do with satisfied... I'm amazed by this product. But like anything else, doing more is always exciting. I live in a very wooded area and getting any type of range without being 1000' up is difficult. Improving the range of the video feed would make an already exciting product even more exciting, that's all.

We're human... pushing limits, improving things, challenging ourselves... it's in our nature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.