Suggestions for radios

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my stock radio on the phantom. What radio do you use? Looking to have something that also can control the pitch of a brushless gimbal. Would love to hear everyones thoughts.

skyhi said:
Looking to upgrade my stock radio on the phantom. What radio do you use? Looking to have something that also can control the pitch of a brushless gimbal. Would love to hear everyones thoughts.

love my Futaba T8J, (it's a popular choice), but some guys are using Spectrum's.
it's a snap to set up. I'll be using it with my brushless gimbal this weekend! (if I get the gimbal working)
the T8j only one one dial that can be used for the tilt, whereas the FG model (which is much more expensive) has 2 dials on top.
tho it's unlikely you'll ever need an extra dial for the Roll. (but extra dials could come in handy for remote gain adjustment).

skyhi said:

X1 and X2 can be connect to the non-Phantom TX with lever or knob so that you can change the Gain setting or the gimbal pitch on the fly.

However, now you can do that with Phantom TX plus the gadget below:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1082710/ ... material=6

See this post too: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=873

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1