Suggestions for a basic range extender?

Reaction score
New to the forum, but glad I came across it. Love the community here!

I saw another thread with several various remote control modifications that extend the range of the P3S. For someone like myself, I do not have any experience doing this kind of thing. However, I am looking to extend the range at least a little bit -- I do feel slightly limited with the range of the P3S. That being said, I don't want to start drilling holes in the remote control or doing anything that could ruin it at all :rolleyes:!

Anyone have any suggestions for a "starter kit" for someone who is new to RC mods?

Here's a vid advising what you need in a field box, but actually there are tons of great tools here which you will find you'll need when you start doing mods. Otherwise, what will happen is you'll try to do mods with an inadequate tool because you think it's "good enough" and you'll end up screwing it up and then buying the tool afterwards anyway to fix what is now a broken Phantom.

Last edited:
Have the skyreat, and love it. I don't want or need to go out miles but have gotten a solid 4,000 feet out with it which is plenty far for me.

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Have the skyreat, and love it. I don't want or need to go out miles but have gotten a solid 4,000 feet out with it which is plenty far for me.

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes I'd say that's far enough! Reviews on Amazon are good for the Skyreat. Looks like a simple installation, so I'll probably get it within a few days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav