Suddenly My Samsung S3 can't connect

Reaction score
Today I went out for a flight and the phone wouldn't connect, saying that the Phantom was out of range. After a couple of restart on everything, the controller, the WIFI extender, The phantom and my phone it suddenly connected again and it worked just fine after.
When I came home I tried to connect again with the same result, but now I can't get it connected at all???
I have had 10-15 flights now without any problems like that, any ideas what it can be? I haven't changed any setting on my phone, and the phone connects fine to my home WIFI network.
Anyone with some good ideas?

Are you trying to be funny? I can't see any smiley?

Besides I don't think it's my phone it connect fine to my home network!

Is your phone just trying to connect to a stronger WiFi signal?

I had the same problem with my Motorola RAZR Maxx HD.

The wi-fi signal was constantly showing "out of range" even when only inches away from my Droid phone. I confirmed it was not the phone by checking for the drone's wi-fi signal from my laptop and other devices, and it wasn't showing up on any of them.

I eventually found that the power cable between the P2V and the camera had wiggled slightly loose from the port on the back of the camera. Although it looked like it was plugged in, it wasn't fully connected. Once I plugged it in firmly and waited a minute or two, the wi-fi signal suddenly appeared on my phone.

Apparently, the wi-fi repeater on the controller must be connected to the camera before it will send its signal out to your mobile device. I would power the camera off and back on, make sure the switch is all the way to the right (not the middle power position), and the power cord itself is firmly plugged in. The power light on the back of the camera should light up.

Hope this helps you or someone else with the same problem!

UrbanLegend777 said:
I had the same problem with my Motorola RAZR Maxx HD.

The wi-fi signal was constantly showing "out of range" even when only inches away from my Droid phone. I confirmed it was not the phone by checking for the drone's wi-fi signal from my laptop and other devices, and it wasn't showing up on any of them.

I eventually found that the power cable between the P2V and the camera had wiggled slightly loose from the port on the back of the camera. Although it looked like it was plugged in, it wasn't fully connected. Once I plugged it in firmly and waited a minute or two, the wi-fi signal suddenly appeared on my phone.

Apparently, the wi-fi repeater on the controller must be connected to the camera before it will send its signal out to your mobile device. I would power the camera off and back on, make sure the switch is all the way to the right (not the middle power position), and the power cord itself is firmly plugged in. The power light on the back of the camera should light up.

Hope this helps you or someone else with the same problem!

Hi and thanks for your answer.
I was hoping that was the problem, so I tried it when I came home, but no - no luck
There was one time where it actually tried to connect but it just continued trying.
It's definitely not the phone, because my phone can connect a find my home network and it also find networks from my nabo's and I can read the signal strength, maybe one or two bars, but no bars from the phantom!
I also have a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 and that can find it or see the Phantom at all. But again it can see al other networks.
Do you guys have light in the camera all the time? When I try to unplug the cable and plug it in again it lights up for a second in red. I'm not sure if I remember right, but shouldn't there be a green light? Or is it only when it is recording? Can one of you please check that, thanks.
It's just weird, it have been working all the time without problems.
I only had the PV a week so this is not great, especially not because I'm living in New Zealand and there are no dealers here, it came from Hong Kong, so I'm sure if it have to be repaired, it will take months before I get it back.
So please if anybody have some ideas.

garygid said:
Is your phone just trying to connect to a stronger WiFi signal?

No, but on all network my phone are locating, I can see the signal strength, but from the PV there are nothing :(

This is getting more and more weird. I have tried everything so the last thing I could try was to reset the WIFI extender and rebind.
When I reset I get full signal on the WIFI indicator on my phone, I rebind successful, but after that the connection are gone again and my phone tells me that the Phantom is out of range???
I have tried 3 times now all with the same result.
By the way I have also installed the App again.

So as soon i reset the extender I get full signal and can connect, after rebinding it disconnects and tells me it is out of range.

Anyone?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik